You can type here any text you want

stiffeners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I just asked this question in another thread but I thought and started a new one. How many of you street driven people have all that bracing and stiffening they sell? My ride is very harsh and I think all that stuff is herting my ride comfort.
thanks
IBBY

Tell us a little about what you have. What springs, shocks, body mounts (poly or stock rubber), wheels, tires (15"/16"/17"), what bracing, ect. All of this will contribute to different ride qualities.

hello people; I mention what I have in the other thread about Mass. roads. But I have bilsteins.GS club springs(lowered the car a bit),those braces Kirban sells for the front end,poly front sway bar and end link bushings,big ass rear sway bar with hotchkis lower arms and most of the body rubbers.and kirbans 16x8 and I forget the tire size. But it's what Kirban recomends.
I think thats it.
IBBY

hello people; Phoff, my car has one of those ASC moonroofs.
IBBY

The 16 inch rims will transmit for road noise/feel into the car....if the moonroof is rattling that will make the car seem like it is riding harsher.

Pete

The 16 inch rims will transmit for road noise/feel into the car....if the moonroof is rattling that will make the car seem like it is riding harsher.

Pete

And removing the bracing will allow a lot more chassis and body flex, which will make the rattles worse.

Leave the bracing. Soften the shocks, make sure all the bushings are in good shape, and possibly change to a tire with a softer sidewall.

Back