You can type here any text you want

Still can't find action

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Except for a ricer! :mad: This isn't really a kill....but it's typical of the action I am getting in my area.

I was up and out about on the way to a car show at 5:30 a.m. in the morning (crazy me ;) and as I approach a red light...there is this 99 Mustang GT making a stop. I could tell the guy was looking in the rear view mirror and he seemed to pull a rev and displaying jerky motions with the car at the stop like he wanted to go. The only problem is when my bright/perfectly polished/waxed jewel of a TTA pulled up next to him...he somehow lost his nerve. After that small show of testosterone...he left the line like granny owen! He must have thought that I was a typical 3rd gen until I pulled up next to him and he got an eyeful of my TURBO TRANS AM emplem gleaming in the street light. Oh well.

Someday I am going to run into that Buick GN dude that works around my area...hopefully I will be driving the Turbo and we can pull over and chat.

Yep. I've had some back off too after reading those gold TURBO TRANS AM fender badges. Seems the only good races I could scare up are guys running some SERIOUS muscle, like a GTO with a 502 crate engine, a Saleen Mustang with a freshly installed supercharger and an '88 Mudstain with a quiet supercharger. :confused:

Just like me, I really have a hard time to find guys interested in some action , but a few weeks ago cruising at night , I ran in a Dodge Stealth Double Turbo AWD going my way , so I stuck behind him till the next stop hoping he would be game for a little shot. The guy is on the cell and looked at me with his nose in the air . I said to my wife here's my customer . So we start back at the stop and I gave a shot on the throttle to get him excited . AT the next stop he's right beside me and no more cell in his hand , he seems to be ready to blast me . I whave him with my hand to get ready , I'm already Brake Boosting about 6 pds, I let him start first to give him some hope , then I smack the pedal . The front end lift and the car hooked like Hell with those big Drag Radial and that Hotchkiss Suspension . By the time he realized what happened we had put at least 15 CARS on him. I slowed down for the next stop and waited for him. We pulled the window down and he said, your Car is ***kin fast , he was a good sport guy but he realised who had the REAL MEAN MACHINE. :D ;)

Me too! So far only 2 C5's were encountered. One was behind me a light , I couldn't brake boost at the time(I know I got his attention). Light went green I stabbed the throttle Putted through first(no boost), hit 2nd boost built when sideways let off hooked again and was gone. He was there with me until I started to go sideways, but then he let off of it and turned off.

My other encounter was a C5 with temp tags on it. I cruised by him and didn't think anything of it. Got about 4 cars ahead changed lanes and waited, he hits it a little gets in the left hand lane(side by side now @ 65mph). Then he goosed it a little just up to about 85-90mph. He pulled a nose ahead then the turbo kicked in and whoosh gained two cars and let off. Not really a race, but I can't get anyone to bite.

I think next year when it is time to get it painted all of the emblems/stickers/turbo bird will be coming off and black regular TPI T/A stickers will be going on with black GTA wheels. I'm sure I'll get a few contestants then

Back