still have a prob...

TurboToy

4PLAYN
changed plugs today trying to fix a knock problem, had 42's in it and went to 43's where they are spost to be all gaped at 35. went for a run scanner shows 6.8-i think i saw 8.X degrees of knock car dosent feel as powerful as i think it shoud . let sit idle and got some #'s off my scanmaster her they are yell me what ya think.

SPECS ACTICAL

O2 VOLTAGE NEVER GETS ABOVE 820-830'S AT WOT
AF 4-7 6
L8 30-40 48
INT 118-138 113
BL 118-135 105
CLT 162*
ATS 97
TPS .42
IAC 10-50 45-50 MOVES A LITTLE

THESE #'S ARE AT IDLE I HAVE A BULL DOG STRET CHIP BUT I AM HAVING A NEW CHIP MADE I HAVE 868 36.5 INJECTORS AND THE REST IS IN MY SIG CAN ANYONE MAKE ANTHING OF THIS AND

How much boost are you running? Pit Bull chips are notorious for bad knock. Hopefully your new chip will resolve the problem. I would dump some xylene or race gas in and see if the knock goes away.

one thing i just thought of

i did put a powerplate in after the tranny install and after i installed it and went for a drive i had knock and could tell it was retarding the timing could this be something maybe to remove and see i was going to wait till after the chip came in and if it did not fix it take the plate out:rolleyes: :confused:

and as far as boost gooes it is set on the act for 15 and thats all i get on the guage.

There's no reason I can think of that would cause the powerplate to cause knock. The reason I send to dump some race gas in is to tell if you have knock from running too much boost for the octane you have, or if it is false knock. If you up the octane and the knock doesn't go away, it's false knock(ie. downpipe hitting frame, etc.).

Are those #s you posted for BL and INT(113 and 108) your #s at WOT? If so, that says you're running rich. O2s are OK, but they are only as good as your O2 sensor. You could be getting rich knock.

#'S ARE AT..

ALL THOSE #'S ARE SITTING RUNNING IN MY DRIVE WAY EVER SINCE I SAY KNOCK I HAVE NOT MADE A WOT RUN THIS MOTOR HAS WAS TOO MUCH MONEY IN IT TO RISK BLOWING IT OVER SOMETHING LITTLE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.