You can type here any text you want

Stk water pump or Electric?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

Went Norwalk Ohio for the Buick Event- took my bicycle ( 45 sec 1/4 mile)- Buick motor is under construction. A few stage cars were set up with the Electric pump. Is it worth the effort to change over? Pro's - Con's? Is one mfg better than the other? Larry:confused:

spend your money elsewhere in the engine, stock pump set-up is fine. IMO:rolleyes:

I disagree. I have a Mezziere electric pump and I think it is one of the best things I have done to make my car more consistent.

I run the pump and fan in the staging lanes and I can go into the waterbox at 160 degrees or less regardless how hot is it outside. I consider it money well spent.

I don't think it makes sense for a street car, but I wouldn't run a race car without one.

Originally posted by turbodave231
I disagree. I have a Mezziere electric pump and I think it is one of the best things I have done to make my car more consistent.

I run the pump and fan in the staging lanes and I can go into the waterbox at 160 degrees or less regardless how hot is it outside. I consider it money well spent.

I don't think it makes sense for a street car, but I wouldn't run a race car without one.

Mine will still see the street as much as i can. :)

Originally posted by turbodave231

I drive my stage II car 25 miles to the track. I use a CSI electric water pump. I agree, they are money well spent. At Bristol everyone was commenting they could never talk to me because I was “hot lapping” my car. Not “hot lapping” when by the time I got to the timing shack the car was back down to 170 and then down to 160 by the time I hit the staging lanes with the electric water pump and Spal fan. I would cross the line at about 190-200. Only reason I would pull into my pit spot was when I wanted to look at my log or charge the battery a little. Works great on the street. I don't think anyone makes one for an off-center block. I've only seen them on on-center blocks, maybe I'm wrong?

Back