You can type here any text you want

Stock 86 - 87 GN spark plug wires anyone know what they ohm out at?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

As the title says.

Has anyone ever ohm meter tested a set of stock 86 -87 GN spark plug wires? And would share that info.

IIRC the are supposed to test within 10% of each other per foot. Towers test 11 to 13 but think the wires are less.

IIRC the are supposed to test within 10% of each other per foot. Towers test 11 to 13 but think the wires are less.

Hi Mike,
How are you doing? Did you get the fuel pump issue worked out?

You are correct about the plug wires and the towers on the coil.
http://www.gnttype.org/maint/quickref.html

What i'm trying to find out though is the actual ohm numbers of the stock plug wires so i can compare them to the Bosch plug wires sold at Autozone which measure out at 2.890 per ft on the 20k setting,that was the highest reading i got in the set.

To give you an answer, I dug out a set of original plug wires and tested them.

They ohm out ~7.1.

As a comparison a Magnacore wire was 3.1 ohms, and the MSD wire, which we use, was 0.4 ohms.

Hi Mike,
How are you doing? Did you get the fuel pump issue worked out?

I did. Lines have been upgraded -10 feed, -6 return with both pumps wired 'on' full time. If the weather holds out this weekend, I'll see how it all works out.

To give you an answer, I dug out a set of original plug wires and tested them.

They ohm out ~7.1.

As a comparison a Magnacore wire was 3.1 ohms, and the MSD wire, which we use, was 0.4 ohms.

Thanks Nick,

I appreciate your extra effort and time to give me a correct answer.

Back