Stock appearing stereo?

Cool87GN

I would like a system that uses upgraded speakers & CD (and doesn't cost a grip). I know there are factory GM stereos that fit in the bezel for our Regals. I'm not trying to win any competetions (stereo), I just want to be up with the times (cassetts are dead & my speakers are trashed). Thank you,

I installed speakers from Radio Shack front and back (skinnies in the back) and a CD stereo from a 99 Tahoe. Looks and sounds great. For more info check the search :cool:

You can use the stereo out of late model f-body cars (camaro & firebird) just have to use an external amp if it's the "top of the line" Monsoon setup. (IIRC)

Radio Shack speakers would IMO bring your car's system up to par with modern factory systems but there is such a wide range of high quailty stuff available why not take advantage?!? You can upgrade the rear deck speakers to 6x9"s using a 4x10" to 6x9" adapter plate available at just about any stereo shop. Brands I recommend: Pioneer, Cerwin Vega & Audiobahn

Doug C.

Most companies now make a that is din+1/2(no dash kit needed)----do a search on ebay for alpine,pioneer,clarion---they all make good quality stuff that will bolt right in.I just assembled a full stereo set-up in my dodge 4x4 for used stuff off e-bay---that i bought dirt cheap and the stuff was very high quality and almost new.
Good luck

Geoff

Din and 1/2 radios are usually not up to date and usually cost more than a standard 1/2 din radios.

Hey TURBOV6, I was just in Honolulu last week and there is an intercooled T-Type that's grey 1 street back of Kalakaua (I think that's how it's spelled) down the street from the Kings Court under covered parking and full of books in the back seat. It was in the same place a year ago when I was there too. Looks like it might make a good daily driver if it's for sale. It's got GNX style wheels on it too. Just a little heads up if your curious.

ADAM

I have a SY and a TY. I never liked the way the 1.0Din units looked with the kit installed. I personally bought the pioner DEH-P77DH and it has alot of contoll over the system. 4V perout and crossovers for F R and sub. I reacently just bought the alpine CDA-D857. I havent installed it yet. I need to find a wiring harness that will allow me to plug and play. THEdeck looks awesome. It had some great reviews also.
Dan