You can type here any text you want

Stock crossovers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ledzeppac

I jsut installed a system in my concert two GN

kicker componants.

Performance Teknique amp with Kicker 10' sub

Panasonic 7300W head unit

We assumed the car came with stock crossovers becuase of the CII sound.
Are those crossovers crap? It is getting hard to eq the stereo. We make a change and it doesn't seem like its doing the job...

Should be go ahead and install the Kicker Crossovers? Advice?

thank
Phil

Also by battery is now running at 12.6 -13.4 volts with the system going... is that ok? Before it ran at a constant 14.2

Install the Kicker crossovers becuase the car never did have any factory crossovers for the CSII system.

TURBOV6 said:
Install the Kicker crossovers becuase the car never did have any factory crossovers for the CSII system.

Got it thanks

What about the battery voltage?

ledzeppac said:
volts off Scanmaster 2.1

If you are reading the volts off the SM then your voltage is good. The SM voltage is about 1/2 volt off.

Def use new xovers

Use as a little of the factory stuff as possible. !st of all it was crap to start off with and now it is 20 yrs old. Run new speaker wire as far as you can too. Do not forget your controls on your amp. Set them 1st. :D Good luck

I was just wondering because I have a 1000 wt amp I am going to put in along with a kicker 12 square sub and was wondering it if was going to pull allot of juice from the battery.

Yes

You will never see close to a 1000 watts without a cap and or new alt. If you want the true 1000 watts you may need to look into a dual battery setup. But a couple of caps should suffice if your alt can hold up! Good luck

Back