You can type here any text you want

stock ecu burning software.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rickyracer01

would anyone have a copy of a tuning program for a 87 GN ecu? i have a local tuner that has a chip burner for my car and would like to take it to him to get a tune done. but he doesn't have a program for my car.

well, you can download Tunerpro, and use the $31 xdf file. It will let you tweak any of the stock based chips. Tunercat is another generic chip editor.

But, the chips available from TurboTweak, and me (thru vendors) have been highly modified and have tons of features and built in adjustability that the stock based code does not have. Since the data has been moved in all these enhanced chips, you cannot edit them with the generic editors.

Is your car stock? Give us some details.

Bob

well, you can download Tunerpro, and use the $31 xdf file. It will let you tweak any of the stock based chips. Tunercat is another generic chip editor.

But, the chips available from TurboTweak, and me (thru vendors) have been highly modified and have tons of features and built in adjustability that the stock based code does not have. Since the data has been moved in all these enhanced chips, you cannot edit them with the generic editors.

Is your car stock? Give us some details.

Bob

the cars engine wise is pretty much stock. 76000 miles got the car a few months ago and did the basic upgrades. change the valve springs, added new 1.6 roller rocker arms, new spark plug wires, new turbonectics turbo, 3 inch down-pipe. 2 1/2 inch hooker exhaust, k&n air filter, dual 255 fuel pumps. what i was trying to do is have my stock ecu modified so i can use a dual chip socket in my vehicle. i live in Florida so i have access to pump gas and e85. with the dual chip i can just hit a switch and change back and forth from either tune. i also would like to eliminate a few features like electronic waste gate, EGR and MAF sensor. i have a set of 85 pound injectors but can't use them until we work on the chip.

you could look at the thumbwheel chip from Caspers, and stack BIN's into a larger eprom.

Bob

What Bob said....you can buy a chip that does just about anything you want for less than you would spend on the equipment to make that all happen. These guys have done some pretty amazing things with the stock ECU.

Back