stock fan vs black magic fan

BOOSTEDGNs

which one has more cfm? I have a black magic leftover and want to use it on the gn and maybe a pusher in the front mount
anyone run this fan on their gn with good results?

tia
Alan

I have this fan on my car and it works great. I'm in Southwest Florida and driving in in the summer, the temp only goes to around 175 if I'm stuck in traffic and not moving. As soon as I get moving again, it goes back to 160 pretty quick. During the winter season, when the outside air temp is only 70, she runs right at 160 traffic stop....163. I'm pleased with it. mo

hmm...I have a black magic just sitting in the garage with 1 blade missing...maybe I'll hook it up and see what happens. Thanks for sparking my interest :D

Sorry for the late post on this but I forgot about it :p Anyway I'm not sure on the bearings going bad with the missing blade. Anyone know?

Didn't think of that. I'll look at it today and see if there is one directly across. There's a lot of blades on that thing ;)

I think I have an overheat problem on my hands. I tried to search but I keep getting a site not responding bs. Anyway, I got up to 234 twice and once it gets that hot it's hard to get it down past 225 even while moving. Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a new t stat. Thanks.

Most Turbo buick vendors have them for $6-10. I don't think you'll find them in any stores. You can get a 160 for a regular regal, then grind the edges down to the propper diameter.

Blue, I hate to mention the obvious but were that my car, it would be parked until I fixed it...that doesn't sound normal...Take it into SEARS, have them flush it and add distilled water, and RMI. With the lower temp stat, should help a lil.

Stock fan KICKS A$$ on high speed

I have a black magic on one of my rivieras, and stock fan on my GN, the shroud only covers a limited area on the BLACK MAGIC and only pulls air through the middle of the radiator, IT does a good job, BUT IN MY OPINION < THE STOCK FAN SHROUD IS BETTER DESIGNED < I WOULD SAY THAT THE STOCK FAN IS MORE EFFCIENT in cooling.

REGARDS

I'm gonna change thermostats today and check the flow of the rad too. Once this happened the 2nd time I stopped driving the car. :cool: