You can type here any text you want

Stock front cover on an On Center

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rking

How much do I have to have machined off to get the stock front cover to work on my On Center block. TIA

.120. You'll also have to machine the main accessory bracket that much, too, to get the alternator, a/c, p/s to line up. Also, if you're using the Duttweiler oil pump, you'll probably have to do a little grinding on that to clear the block. (No big deal)

A lot of guys endorse just using a .120 spacer behind the balancer, but I was concerned about cam sensor-to-cam gear alignment.

You have to measure the depth of the lip at the front of the block & that is the amount that has to be removed. I don't think they are all the same. Mine is @ .120" & my buddy says his is .090".

If you are using a roller cam, you could use the cover the way it is, & use a spacer the thickness of that measurment on the crank,between the gear & the balancer, & one the same thickness on the cam between the spacer & the gear, & it all lines back up. You probably already know you have to weld a small spot on the drivers side @ the bottom to prevent oil leakage.

James

None, just space out the pulley :-) Easy enough. I have a stock cover on mine.

TurboTR

Using a spacer on the crank and cam will work fine. I have never had to weld/epoxy any spots on the front cover, I have studied the area of concern and if you look at the gasket,block and cover, it will seal just fine. We have never had a problem with front cover leaks.

Back