You can type here any text you want

Stock GN vs SRT-4???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i think it means something like a cheap shot or below the belt, but it was really a staight forward uppercut

The Don: I was talking about the 300 ZX not the 350 Z, two totally different vehicles. I wasnt saying anything bad about the Skyline either, so dont make it sound like I was. You cant find an R34 (1999-2002) for under $75,000. An R32 (1990-1994) sells between $20,000 and $50,000. MotorRex is the only company that imports the car, so they set the price. The only thing that is dissapointing is the figures, that MotorRex has. R 34 0-60: 5.2, 1/4 mile: 13.7@103.5. For that money it should be alot faster. But with tuning it is proably a totally different story. Need to add the status symbol too. And get three NOS bottles in the left side, where the seat should be.

Nick

:p AHAHAHAHAH this thread is SOOOO Gayyyyyyy hahahahahahah

for a moment i thought i was on supraforums:D

"I forgot to mention that in a crash the newer cars will be damaged alot more than the older cars that dont have crumple zones. A way to save lifes and make more money. Underneath the G35 Sprt Coupe is a 350Z. And it can be had with the exact upgrades as the 350Z Track model. The G35 has 7 hp less and all the luxury components add weight. The Infinity will be pretty quick and it is a damn good lookin car. Nothing a Turbo Buick cant handle."

~Nick lol why did you say 350z if you were talkin about the 300z? You clearly said 350z! Yes I know they are two differant cars one is a naterally aspirated 3.5 L aluminum block/head v6 that has 287hp/280tq which is the z33 or 350z, the other is a iron block/alum head turbocharged 3.0L V6 that has 310hp/290tq which is the z32 or the 300z...the non-turbo 350z runs better 1/4 times than the gn and the TT300z runs the same 1/4 mile times as the gn...you gotta make up your mind kid and stop trying to please everyone! Get an opinion! lol! first (r32 1989-1994) second r33(1995-1999) (R34 2K-2k2)...the price you pay depends on the miles, condition, warrenty,ect...just like the nsx costs $90K but you can get one for $45K! yes motorex is the only company that imports skylines! onces again you reveal your own lack off comprehension...the skyline is from japan all cars in japan are restricted to 280hp(stock) due to emmisions! A 0-60 time of 5.2 secs and a 1/4 mile time of 13.7 @103.5 is good for a car that weighs 3500lbs+ with a 2.6L inline 6 that is restricted to 280hp...all stock skylines are restricted cause they can only be gotten outside the usa...only reason the supra, 300zxTT,350z,rx7,3kgtvr4 and so on have quicker times is because they are manufactured here and we have less restrictive emmisions..oh yeah anything well tuned can be faster, i meant isn't that the point of performance tuning to make something better, would defeat the purpose if is came out worse than before you started..

KillrV6

well here in america we have freedom of choice-aka if you don't like it ya don't gotta post..

in 16 years no one will give a damn about a neon or wrx because they'll all be broke and our gn's will still be running strong....word to yo motha

Originally posted by castrol
You sir, are an idiot, and frankly, you bring the quality of this site
down with every post you make. At least, that is what my deductive
senses are telling me. You have no idea what you are talking about,
and I will kindly ask you to hush your mouth (or hands, as the case
may be) and let this discussion continue with the adults conversing. Go to bed.

~castrol

Castrol, you stole the words out of my mouth. In tribute, I shall repeat them.

87grandnat, you sir, are an idiot.

what exactly is your intupretation of rice

87grandnat-damn homie you got played...they stretched on you real good cuz!!

lol

hey ez at nova I Hear a lot of Pappy yolkum like cats splurtin out rice this and ricer that and well "The Don" has been meanin to ask someone this about this: what exactly is your intupretation of rice? cause the term rice is such a broad brush to paint a clear picture with!! Are you reffering to the culture or scene, the cars or the people?

Re: what exactly is your intupretation of rice

Originally posted by The Don
87grandnat-damn homie you got played...they stretched on you real good cuz!!

lol

hey ez at nova I Hear a lot of Pappy yolkum like cats splurtin out rice this and ricer that and well "The Don" has been meanin to ask someone this about this: what exactly is your intupretation of rice? cause the term rice is such a broad brush to paint a clear picture with!! Are you reffering to the culture or scene, the cars or the people?

I actually commented on this a while back in this oh-so-lovely thread when someone accused my of hypocracy regarding my "name tag phrase".
Anyway, it's different for different people, but I tend to look at it in a more well-rounded way than just japanese car = rice, because so many American cars have foriegn parts, a lot of Japanese cars are built here, all the companies are starting to buy ownership in each other...it's too muddled. So, I look at the car itself to judge it. The more non-performance enhancing "performance" parts, the ricier. Besides parts, ugly graphics, fake emblems of specific car models that the car is not (or car models that aren't even in the US...ie Accord Type R).
Anyway, that's my take on it.

ez at nova

hey kid u gotta expand yo mind..."A great leader to me to beat your enemy you must fully understand and love him know his every move...
I mean look at it on the flip side how do you think people look at g-bodies...you think the corvette guys respect them...

I put a honda at a level of a 5.0 mustang...cheap to build, cheap to go fast an common and those are the reason they are common!
Alot of people cant afford to start with a fast car and make it faster so they get what they can afford, but then they have a slow car but they still love cars and want to participate and little by little they start adding junk to their cas...thats some then there are others the illogical trendy sort that watch too much TV and think that and exhaut and 16" rims will make their honda fast!!

I don't like how the G-body looks if fact I hate it...but yet know body questions why I'm trying to buy on...The only reason is beacause they are dumb quick in the 1/4 mile that is what every ricer races and cares about why because of the "TF&TF" they have no idea what a gn is or how fast they are and around here they race for money so me and my squad plan to run a littl scam...of course its a one time only deal but were gonna talk **** to all the local ricers and get them to anti up put their $$ together on their fastest guy and race me in my GN..(assuming LJ will contact me so I can go and buy his car!) and then I will use their money to help me throught school and further talk $hit! lol bcareful some peeps are tricky those type r badges might be bait to lure in an unsuspecting arogant domestic owner!( trust me every mustang I race I tell them my car is just a 6 cylinder 13 year old nissan and that Im not sure when to put in to 5th gear ive never lost to anyone)

some hondas are fast don't underestimate the honda crx with a b18c5 engine swap it 230hp ot of a 2200lb car...

lyon SD was talkin about the Infinity. He seemed to think that it wasnt very fast. So I just gave the fact that underneath, the G35 and 350Z are the same minus 7 hp. Everything else I was talking about was the 300ZX. The Skyline is sweet but a brand new STi will out run the skyline to a speed, but I am not shure about the top end. For $70,000 less. One more thing that sucks about the Skyline is the price of the aftermarket parts. The STi in Japan is at 271 hp, US is 300. Is that why we finnally have a more powerful car then they do? The STi weighs 3263lbs with a 1/4 mile run of 13.52@98.91. Power to weight ratio is 10.9lbs for every horse. The neon ran 14.03@97.13, with power to weight ratio of 13.6lbs to each horse, and total weight of 2929lbs. The STi and SRT4 numbers ther are from Popular Mechanincs. It is a good article. Here is the link. http://popularmechanics.mondosearch...t_id=42&page_id=7936768&query=sti&hiword=sti+ .

Nick

I eat Z06

The skyline wouldn't be $70K if it were made over here! STI won't out run it the skyline if it were unrestricted vs unrestricted....skyline has awesome top end! the price of all imports parts is high, expecially good ones ..LOL and the skyline parts would be cheaper if they could be manufactured over here...The price of 300zx jspec racing parts is the same as the skyline, supra and whateva other car!

Originally posted by I eat Z06
KEYWORD: IF.

Nick
Darn you! Reminds me of my favorite one liner. I always like the facial expressions from the Mustang guys when I tell them.IF my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. Usually shuts them up!

All i can say is those SRT-4 move from a roll, i run low 12's on street trimm, i got pulled not once but twice from a 40mph roll, by one of this little go carts, the guy told me it was bone stock, which i doubt it, i could hear his blow off valve everytime he shifted, this was a 04 srt-4 245hp and 265 pounds of torque we pulled over and chatted for a while,I told him I was pretty surprised when right off the bat he put half a car on me, of course i was running pig rich about 850 on 02's and the freaking turbo took forever to spool, so by the time i started pulling on him he had a good 2 cars on me, they are pretty damn quick, i seriously doubt this guys car was stock, now I would love to run into him again after some tunning, i got my 02's finally down to 780's range and the car pulls like a bat out hell, he would not stand a change now.

sad story

i live in colorado springs. i have witnessed sti's and evo VIII run anywhere from 13.1 to 13.5 in completely stock trim. thats even up here in colorado springs and denver which are over a mile above sea level. and i have witnessed srt 4's anywhere from 14.1 to 14.6.
last friday night i raced an SRT 4 in my completely stock 87 GN from a dead stop. the race ended in a complete tie it was way too close to tell if either me or him had our noses just maybe a hair in front of the other. we probably raced up until around 100mph on the street (shhhh). it was a good race considering that an SRT 4's stock 1/4 mile time is pretty much the same as a GN's. though i only hit 12 psi of boost. my BsTc controller was turned down a little bit for some reason. so i could have turned it up a couple more pounds and inched my way in front of the little thing. they are quick but they do weigh almost 1000 pounds less than us so they have a slight advantage. man they are ugly, annoyingly loud, and they are still a neon, but thats just my opinion. and i shouldnt say anything bad until i can totally spank one, but being a college student i cant find the money to do much to my car. . .yet. if any of u would like to donate me some GN build up money just let me now and i would be more than happy to accept.

yeah i need some gn modification funds as well...i have a 10-second buildup that is gonna cost me nearly 6-7 grand:eek: :eek: :eek:

Back