You can type here any text you want

Stock GN vs SRT-4???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
man, who gives a **** bottom line neons, wrx's, and lancer's or an other b.s. rice burner sucks this is a turbo buick site so lets all talk about turbo buicks, my gn was 7 grand for the money it would cost to buy a plastic neon i could put that money in my gn and run low 10's if not 9's, i know because i have a friend who has invested 16 grand into his turbo buick (including price of car) and runs 10' s all day............this gn guy says grand nationals run and for the money nothing can touch them bottom line

p.s. in 16 years we will be talking about the new plastic toy car of its time and comparing it to a 32 year old car when there's still no comparision, like someone said on here in 16 years no one will give a damn about a neon or wrx because they'll all be broke and our gn's will still be running strong....word to yo motha

Originally posted by 87grandnat
man, who gives a **** bottom line neons, wrx's, and lancer's or an other b.s. rice burner sucks this is a turbo buick site so lets all talk about turbo buicks, my gn was 7 grand for the money it would cost to buy a plastic neon i could put that money in my gn and run low 10's if not 9's, i know because i have a friend who has invested 16 grand into his turbo buick (including price of car) and runs 10' s all day............this gn guy says grand nationals run and for the money nothing can touch them bottom line

p.s. in 16 years we will be talking about the new plastic toy car of its time and comparing it to a 32 year old car when there's still no comparision, like someone said on here in 16 years no one will give a damn about a neon or wrx because they'll all be broke and our gn's will still be running strong....word to yo motha

You sir, are an idiot, and frankly, you bring the quality of this site
down with every post you make. At least, that is what my deductive
senses are telling me. You have no idea what you are talking about,
and I will kindly ask you to hush your mouth (or hands, as the case
may be) and let this discussion continue with the adults conversing. Go to bed.

~castrol

man get real, get off this site and go back to reading your import tuner and watching fast and the furious
supras..tight
rx-7's...tight
skyline's...tight
300zx...tight
anything import thats not one of these......garbage

I said hush little boy... the adults are talking. Use your big boy voice
and apologize for trying to turn this thread into a flame fest, and
then GO TO BED. It's past your bedtime.

~castrol

man your an embarrasment to americans everywere get ride of that wimpy 4 cylinder and get you a real car, the thing that i can say about the srt 4 is that atleast its better than any foriegn piece of crap out there, your in houston damn dude i thought houston people were tight and didnt drive crap mobiles, gime what you spent on your srt 4 minus 7 grand (what i spent on my gn) and let me put in mods, and we can race then you losers can discuss what car is better

Originally posted by The Don
SyHopeful..oh yess the “2000 240sx s15” is fast and very quick…2L I4 turbo RWD 6 speed 250hp..240lbs torque weighs 2700lbs

There is no factory turbo 240SX. There are no S15s that were sold at dealerships here.

The KA24DE was never turbocharged...you're thinking of the Silvia (200SX). And I believe (may be wrong) that it's still a 5-speed.

Fast 240sxs are either turboed or have the engine swapped out for an SR20DET.

man your an embarrasment to americans everywere get ride of that wimpy 4 cylinder and get you a real car

Get rid of your wimpy 6 cylinder and get an 8. :rolleyes:

Right now, Castrol has a car that is BRAND NEW, HAS A WARRANTY, IS ECONOMICAL, AND IS AS FAST AS A STOCK GN IF NOT A HAIR FASTER.

yeah, RX-7s are tight....if they aren't blowing apex seals.

yeah, Supras are tight....when they get traction and a powerband that doesn't look like Mt. Everest.

Just shut up. Your ignorance is oozing out of you like you got blasted with a 12 gauge.

Hey 87 Grand nat, this forum shows that real gear heads are interested in more than one type of car. An STi will outrun a stock gn. It is more money, because it is brand new, also comes with a warrantee. It is japanese but it will still rock the **** out of almost anything new under 50 grand. I do agree with you about not liking the neon. But you didnt have to be a complete asshole about it. Everyone here can agree that turbo 6's are fun. But only a few know that turbo 4's are too. Besides, who in their right mind would drive a Turbo Buick in the winter (applies only to snowy areas). The only turbo vehicle that was on the 240sx or sylvia line up was the $90,000 AWD Skyline.

Nick

Went to have my wifes Legacy GT wag serviced today. I spent some time looking at the WRX, WRX STi and Forester XT. Pretty cool that they can make a car perfectly funtional and go too. From what I've seen at the strip they are a low 13 second car with some mods. The STi had a price of $31+K. Low ball WRX was $24+K. As I'm older and have grown out sideways some, I appreciate a larger car now. If I was more svelt I would like to take one for a test drive. When the Legacy STi comes out I'm sure my wife will want to have one of those in a wag. She's a bit of a hot rodder at lights-got to get to the craft store first for that sale...:D

All the Subaru's have turbo charged models except for the legacy. Waiting for the next generation Legacy with a 287 hp STi edditon. The early 90's cheap mobiles are now startin to work twards higher end of the spectrum. Even though the most expensive is less than $35,000 Subaru is still tryin to wedge their foot in new areas. Volkswagen is really tryin that, somthin like a new $70,000 VeeDubb.

Nick

Well there has been 131 replies and 2228 views.So I would say quiet a few people on this site give a $#it. If it doesn't interest you ignore it.

87 Grand nat with the modifications you have on your car (87 Grand Natonal flowmaster, msd ignition wires, k&n airfilter, someday 400hp monster) WATCH OUT! There is gonna be improrts that will whoop you. An example would be ez at nova's WRX or mine. A stock STi or EVO would most likely own you. So dont talk smack when your car is almost stock itself.

A 14k GN would cost around 23k today. This is just taking into accout inflation. This doesnt include the fact that in a lot of ways it is much more costly to make a vehical. Emissions crap, Safty crap, More Safty crap, Gas Guzzler tax, advertising crap, crap crap. I think the GN would be listed at 33k+ these days. I think this has little to do with anything.

I dont know, I bet some of you guys are starting to sound like the small block chevy guys who used to give you sh!t about your fancy new V6. Some things never change.

wrong wrong wrong, if that was the case why can i buy a part for my gn for next to nothing, since its not a special car like a supra or rx-7 and is based on the regal model the car would more than likly be cheaper today, you also stated that the saftey is crap, hahahaha how ignorant you are run head on into a 3600 pound steel regal and then a 2800 pound fiberglass neon, you mean to tell me you would have a better chance of living in the neon, yeah right, plus one of my points waas that i think its great that a car 16 years old gn with a few hundred dollars in mods will cream a new supossed high tech car of today, and i also bet that with my 35 chip i just ordered i will have better gas milage in my 3.8 turbo full trim than you in your fake rice burner......i've said enough

Originally posted by UrbsNSpices
I dont know, I bet some of you guys are starting to sound like the small block chevy guys who used to give you sh!t about your fancy new V6. Some things never change.
No it would be more like a small block chevy with fuel injection and turbo charged giving the v6 guys crap.

And you know what on the street they still would be better if it was the case!!

Repeat after me

A v8 with more displacement and running the same boost,within a certain weight range beats a V6 prepared the same .

Repeat after me again

A V6 with more displacement and running the same boost,within a certain weight range beats a 4 prepared the same.

Boost is limited as we all know and thinking that somehow these rules do not apply to importsm is almost as bad as saying all imports are slow.

The true fact is that buick had the boost set very low on these cars from the factory so that you could run junk gas in them.So you are really comparing totally differerent setups.

Setup a turbo buick to the new standards 17-18 Lbs boost replace the obstructive exhaust and intercooler give it enough fuel and you have a low 12 second ride.Which once again when comparing apples to apples would be a more fair comparison.

Which is faster then the factory imports and dodges of today. :)

Syhpoeful
There is no factory turbo 240SX. There are no S15s that were sold at dealerships here.

The KA24DE was never turbocharged...you're thinking of the Silvia (200SX). And I believe (may be wrong) that it's still a 5-speed.

Fast 240sxs are either turboed or have the engine swapped out for an SR20DET.

~where do you think they get the sr20dets engines from?? Not every car made is sold here(skyline, r32,r33,r34) I wasn't speaking of the ka24de...(u R wrong)yes there is a 6 speed

2000 sylvia s15
stock sr20det..Jspec very quick!!

Back