You can type here any text you want

Stock GN vs SRT-4???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
87grandnat
"man, who gives a **** bottom line neons, wrx's, and lancer's or an other b.s. rice burner sucks"

uuuummmm! Yeah! Neons aren't rice burners..they are american cars!WRX's or any subaru ain't rice either...their austrailian

then any other wanna be rice burner because even though there not japanese there made to compete in the same slow class

Where is it?

Man, unless I overlooked it (and I did not read EVERY word in EVERY post on this now five page thread, so i could have certainly overlooked it), I can't find the Kill/Fish story anywhere.

Did I miss it somewhere? Or would this particular topic (which is a good one) be better suited in the lounge?

Not to nitpick, just curious...

PS: I think the SRT-4 is an awesome American car and deserves respect for what it can do. There's plenty of room for all of us at the altar of high performance. ;)

Originally posted by The Don

~where do you think they get the sr20dets engines from?? Not every car made is sold here(skyline, r32,r33,r34) I wasn't speaking of the ka24de...(u R wrong)yes there is a 6 speed

2000 sylvia s15
stock sr20det..Jspec very quick!!

The SR20DETs were NOT in 240SXs. And they were never sold over here, which was my original point. You can't buy SRT-4s over in Japan, either.

I still bet a SRT-4 would give one a good run for it's money.

uuuummmm! Yeah! Neons aren't rice burners..they are american cars!WRX's or any subaru ain't rice either...their austrailian

What are you smoking? Subaru is a JAPANESE COMPANY.

you are run head on into a 3600 pound steel regal and then a 2800 pound fiberglass neon

Ever heard of crumple zones? I bet the Neon is FAR safer than a Regal.

Let me put it this way....would you rather run into a wall covered in empty beer cans, or covered in rebar? That's what I thought.

i think its great that a car 16 years old gn with a few hundred dollars in mods will cream a new supossed high tech car of today

Considering the SRT-4 has 1.4 liters less displacement than the GN, is FWD, and is based on an economy car, I'd say that's really impressive. And put a few hundred dollars in the SRT-4 and it'll be right back up with the buick. Your logic is very flawed.

i also bet that with my 35 chip i just ordered i will have better gas milage in my 3.8 turbo full trim than you in your fake rice burner

What, does it give you displacement on demand and somehow change the fact that autos naturally get worse gas mileage than sticks? How about the fact that the SRT-4 has almost 1000 lbs less weight to move?

Sorry, but the SRT-4 will still own you in mileage too.

The only turbo vehicle that was on the 240sx or sylvia line up was the $90,000 AWD Skyline.

Skyline is only $90,000 to get a brand-new one over here and made 100% USA street legal, which requires a lot of work.

Also, and more importantly, the Skyline and 240SX platform are completely different. And you are forgetting about the 200SX, which could be had with turbo.

ok to mr. smarty pants that thinks a neon is safer than a regal, you obviously can't read i said running into a regal head on crumple zone or no crumply zone if a regal and neon crashed head on at the same speed the neon would get ran through, oh and i bet you think the stock neon block is stronger than a regal block, which is right in front of you.

yeah, just checked gas milage for srt-4 found out its rated at 22/30 but tested at 19/26 and i have a friend who put a chip in his gn and got 27 on the highway, so which on gets better milage again?

Dude, I hate to say it but most likely the Neon is safer. The satandars are so high right now for safety. New cars have ABS, crupmple zones that are designed to break away and not hit the passenger compartment, stronger door beams, air bags (front, side), quicker seatbelt tensioners, Subaru has built in roll cage, and seats hold you in better. This goes for alsmost all new vehicles. Yes we are bigger, but that dosnt mean were safer. I would rather get in a major accident in my WRX than the Buick, because the WRX just feels so much safer. I have been in two accidents in my Buick. One I rearended a Grand Cherokee and the buick went under her truck. That sucked my headlights and grille vs. her bumper. I was also rear ended by a Suburban in like a 10 mph accident. That ****ed up my bumper, absorbers, filler panels, and tail lights. If that was in the WRX it wouldnt have done ****. Our cars arnt safe, but a hell of alot of fun to drive.

Nick

well brother, i still find that hard to believe because i have had so many experiences with that, but if you got one of each car i'll take your word for it

Originally posted by 87grandnat
yeah, just checked gas milage for srt-4 found out its rated at 22/30 but tested at 19/26 and i have a friend who put a chip in his gn and got 27 on the highway, so which on gets better milage again?

Amazing, he has ONE mpg over the Neon. Let me guess, he was doing 55mph in OD with the TC locked up right? :rolleyes:

Z06 pretty much covered my retort to you and your insistence that the Buick would be better in a crash.

However, if he got in a crash, his WRX would be far more ****ed than the Buick. He himself would be safer, though.

Originally posted by 87grandnat
man get real, get off this site and go back to reading your import tuner and watching fast and the furious
supras..tight
rx-7's...tight
skyline's...tight
300zx...tight
anything import thats not one of these......garbage

I disagree. Infiniti G35. It may not be fast, but I'd have one in my garage.

Infiniti M45. Same deal.

WRX STi. It's quick, and I'd own one.

I forgot to mention that in a crash the newer cars will be damaged alot more than the older cars that dont have crumple zones. A way to save lifes and make more money. Underneath the G35 Sprt Coupe is a 350Z. And it can be had with the exact upgrades as the 350Z Track model. The G35 has 7 hp less and all the luxury components add weight. The Infinity will be pretty quick and it is a damn good lookin car. Nothing a Turbo Buick cant handle.

Nick

mr. syhopeful all i was doing was making a point in response to who evers comment that was, and after reading the thread about the newer cars being more damaged but the person inside being safer, i can understand that and that does sound to be true, to the klansman with the confeddy flag i wasnt knocking luxury cars or foreign sedans, just the ones that the kids in my city try to make like the ones on fast and the furious.

just read an article today about the skyline and the driver said it was fun, but a huge dissapointment, is that what you get for 90 grand

Originally posted by lyonsd
I disagree. Infiniti G35. It may not be fast, but I'd have one in my garage.

Infiniti M45. Same deal.

WRX STi. It's quick, and I'd own one.

Whoa! Haven't seen you on ClubSi for a longggggg time!

This is the most random thread. In a VERY good way. Lets keep this goin. Change the name from Buick vs. SRT4 to Buicks and every other new car. :D

Nick

SyHopeful

"The SR20DETs were NOT in 240SXs. And they were never sold over here, which was my original point. You can't buy SRT-4s over in Japan, either.

I still bet a SRT-4 would give one a good run for it's money."

tamata tomata its like calling a Z a 300zx or a fairlady z their the SAME CAR the point I was making is that they are 6 speed and they will crush the srt-4 due to a lighter frame overall and a rwd launch also a higher top end-

belive what you want..y do you think they call it the outback??There is no outback in japan!!

87grandnat
So then don't call-em rice burners! Cause every japense car that WAS meant to be fast IS fast..

I eat Z06
Hey the skyline is 8 times better than any 240 or anything else...hence its price($50K used)

skyline 2.6L TwinTurbo inline 6
300hp(restricted emissions)
320lbstq(Restricted emissions)
full 4 wheel drive and weights about 3300lbs also 6 speed manny tranny

300zx fairlady z(300zx 2 yall)
310hp
285tq
rwd weights about 3300lbs

s15(sylvia 15)
255hp
230tq
rwd weights about 2600lbs 6 speed

ps the legacy in japan has been turboed

87grandnat-maybe the kids in your town can't afford to indulge in the same luxuries in life the way you do...but they still ahve an intrest in cars and don't wanna be left out...how do you think the snobby vette guys view us....if someone builds a streetable 11 sec honda they have my respect..if someone builds a 11 sec gn,stang,firebird,z28 I acknowlege them as good but nothing special...oh yes the skyline has much potential that is the reason of the price that and the fact that they are barely production cars...the engine can hold 1Khp on a pretty much stock bottom end...the same as the supra(2jzgte)...if you can afford to build it lol

I eat Z06-actually the 350z runs the same time as a turbo buick in the 1/4 mile(13.8-14) and it has a better top end and its a naterally aspirated v6 3.5L and then it supports forced induction(SC) and blam opens new doors for it.... plus it handles ,yes does it handle, one of the best handling cars money can buy(as in on the same level as some of theses 130K porsches)this car is a force to be reconded with

Turbonics
I'm not sure exactly what 87GrandNat meant but fom the info he provided I'd draw the conclusion he was sayin in his previous statement was that is that he feels lyonsd is a beer swilling, church burnin, shot gun totin, city folk hatin, 60's chevy drivin, cusin f*ckin, Honkey Tonk Man...or is it just me..LOL yaddya think he mean't?

LMFAO!!

What is a leftist snipper?

Back