You can type here any text you want

Stock Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

Are stock 8445 heads worth anything? Got 3 pairs but with freight so outrageous expensive I wonder.

Thanks, Chris

Not really. Those castings were used on all 3.8's for a few years.

Supposedly the exhaust valves are upgraded, but those usually get tossed during a performance rebuild so it's a moot point. Everything else is plain ole Buick parts.

That being said, if they aren't worth selling, throw them in the attic. 50 years from now they might be a barn find!

Not really. Those castings were used on all 3.8's for a few years.

Supposedly the exhaust valves are upgraded, but those usually get tossed during a performance rebuild so it's a moot point. Everything else is plain ole Buick parts.

That being said, if they aren't worth selling, throw them in the attic. 50 years from now they might be a barn find!
I appreciate your opinion. I kinda thought that might be the way it was. Cept I'm now 70 and may not make it to 120.

I doubt it. A couple years ago I knew a guy that was going to give me a coupler hundred NOS 8445's after neither Glen or Tom wanted them. they were the good one's too with undrilled EGR ports

They ended on my the back of a scrap metal truck.

Back