You can type here any text you want

Stock intercoolers.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have 3 stock intercoolers one of them has a dutt neck that's clean. Turbo buick. One of the other 2 is a TTA. I can't tell which one is from the TTA. Need at least $300 from the TTA.

I have 3 stock intercoolers one of them has a dutt neck that's clean. Turbo buick. One of the other 2 is a TTA. I can't tell which one is from the TTA. Need at least $300 from the TTA.

Post up a picture .. we'll tell you which is the TTA .. that's REALLY CHEAP for a TTA intercooler ... $500 intercooler all day

Just found a couple. Pulled straight from storage. Didn't clean them up yet.

Attachments

• 20190209_011306.jpg
    20190209_011306.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 93
  • 20190209_011214.jpg
    20190209_011214.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 88
Now when I look at the pics its pretty clear. The one on the left looks like it's bigger than the other. I know I have at least 1 TTA intercooler and that has to be it.

Last edited:
do they still have the tags on em
or you can also count the fins in entire row 42 GN, 54 TTA and 64 GNX

Now when I look at the pics its pretty clear. The one on the left looks like it's bigger than the other. I know I have at least 1 TTA intercooler and that has to be it.

you can count the fins.. 10 fins per inch is a GN , 12 fins per inch is a TTA
also on the tags .. I think under cust part number the TTA one should say something like 20TA

There is a clear difference in what the fins look like

To me both those look like they have the same fin count so maybe the other one you have is a TTA unit

The other with the Dutt neck is sold and has roughly 42 fins. I thought I only had 1 but it appears I have 2 TTA intercoolers as pictured... They have a lot more fins closer together... Roughly 55-56 I counted on both.

The other with the Dutt neck is sold and has roughly 42 fins. I thought I only had 1 but it appears I have 2 TTA intercoolers as pictured... They have a lot more fins closer together... Roughly 55-56 I counted on both.

Even better.. NOw your in the money !!! GLWS

I also have a super bad to the bone stock location stretch with aluminum shroud for a TTA. I belive it to be one of the rare ones. I looked it up years ago but forgot what info I found on it. I just remember people told me they wanted it. It's still on my car right now so I'm in limbo on what I want to do with the motor.

Only pic I have of it right now. Old pick I tried to crop down. Car is in storage right now. I can get better pics when I pull it out. What intercooler does it look like to you guys cause I haven't dug into my papers and stuff yet to have any clue. I only know for sure it's a TTA stretch.

Attachments

• 20190209_163151.png
    20190209_163151.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20190209-164059.png
    Screenshot_20190209-164059.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Only pic I have of it right now. Old pick I tried to crop down. Car is in storage right now. I can get better pics when I pull it out. What intercooler does it look like to you guys cause I haven't dug into my papers and stuff yet to have any clue. I only know for sure it's a TTA stretch.

I wouldn't get to caught up in the aftermarket TTA stuff ..

The original TTA intercoolers will bring money as they only made X amount of those ..

I have the First Dequick Stretch TTA intercooler he made ... Its literally brand new ... but the stock one can take a TTA to 130 now ... where I think you should get good money is if someone NEEDS a original TTA intercooler because of damage or restoration... they only have 1 avenue ... IF A USED one COMES UP FOR SALE !

The aftermarket stuff you can always have made ... the stock stuff NOT SO MUCH !!!

If you have 2 of them .. you are sitting on some $$$

If those 2 intercoolers you have .. indeed are TTA with the tags ... I will take them both for $300 each .. if it were me .. I would ebay them.. there are ALOT of TTA peeps on ebay that may need that intercooler for replacement or restoration and they aren't on this site..

The original TTA intercoolers will bring money as they only made X amount of those ..

I have the First Dequick Stretch TTA intercooler he made ... Its literally brand new ... but the stock one can take a TTA to 130 now ... where I think you should get good money is if someone NEEDS a original TTA intercooler because of damage or restoration... they only have 1 avenue ... IF A USED one COMES UP FOR SALE !

The aftermarket stuff you can always have made ... the stock stuff NOT SO MUCH !!!

I hear ya, You are dead on when you say if and when they come up for sale... I really can't find anything selling within the last few years. Question... Did I sell you a stock TTA downpipe with Cat a few years ago? I also shipped out a trans crossmember around the same time. I wish I would have held onto them.

If those 2 intercoolers you have .. indeed are TTA with the tags ... I will take them both for $300 each .. if it were me .. I would ebay them.. there are ALOT of TTA peeps on ebay that may need that intercooler for replacement or restoration and they aren't on this site..

That's a issue I have right now... No tags on the intercoolers. I still have a known stock GN intercooler sitting here sold before I ship it out I have compared very close and it definety has less fins and not as close together than my other 2. I already know I have the original intercooler out of my dads old TTA and the 2 I have left are exactly the same as far as fins go. They are 100% different than the stock GN. Way more fins. Wierd thing is when looking at them the pipes seem to be a little different in size. Maybe it's just a illusion. I dont need to sell right now, I don't need the money that bad and would never miss represent what I sell, but after comparing side by side I can say with confidence these appear to be both TTA originals. I know the history on 2 of the intercoolers for sure. The dutt neck I sold came off of my Dads old 87 Turbo T for sure. One of the others came from TTA #844 for sure 100%. I'm trying to trace back how I came across another TTA intercooler over the years. It would have also been my father's. Problem is he had a stroke and can't communicate where it came from.

Last edited:
Sold 2 of the intercoolers... I have one TTA intercooler left. My inbox is FLOODED with people interested so I am telling everyone the same thing. First one with $500 gets it shipped. The factory TTA intercooler is worth every penny so no low ball offers please. Depending where you are these things are almost $50 for me to ship out!

Looks like a Mease neck on there,so can be extra few rows added on to a Garrett core and Mease end tanks welded on.

So TTA INTERCOOLERs are worth that kinda cash ? 500 really? I would have thought they where similar to the stock Gn ones . I have acouple of those and if I could get 60 a piece for them I would be happy lol glws

Back