You can type here any text you want

stock motor psi hold

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87t-topsvanliew

i need help trying to figure out how much boost/psi a stock motor can hold. take in to consideration it has low miles, as in 60,xxx miles. any information will help looking to upgrade turbo, but dont know how much psi i can upgrade to with stock motor

This question cant be answered . It will depend on a whole lot of things . Are you running pump gas ? do you have stock chip ? scanmaster ? I am guessing everything is stock ?

This question cant be answered . It will depend on a whole lot of things . Are you running pump gas ? do you have stock chip ? scanmaster ? I am guessing everything is stock ?

x2

I take it when you say HOLD, you mean handle right:cool:

To answer the best i can, anywhere from 14-28lbs of boost depending on certain factors. To play it safe even with high enough octane i would build it up a bit before letting it get close to 25psi, just to protect my car/myself. What else are you going to get to go with your new turbo? What size turbo also? miles don't really matter when it comes to forced induction or any car for that matter. ALot of guys have high miles yet are running high boost daily with stock internals.

if you plan on getting a bigger turbo, your gonna have to upgrade other parts to go with it, injectors, chip, Tq convertor & Heads maybe. Give use more info on your goals, so we all can help more.

Back