You can type here any text you want

Stock Part durability

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

How much power/booste will a stock block, crank, rods and heads take with ARP studs top and bottom? Is it a good idea to add just the 2 center billet main caps or is it worth the extra $270 to do all billet caps? I'm doing this on a 4.1 thats going to see as much booste as I can feed it.

Thanks,

We all know that a stock block has gone 9.90's with a girdle and caps. I run high 10's with just the two center caps, no girdle. Don't detonate the motor and almost any ET is possible
Mitch

We all know that a stock block has gone 9.90's with a girdle and caps.

Jason Cramer is running in the 9's with just the girdle. I have never understood why alot of people say to do the caps and the girdle. Girdles where designed to reinforce the stock caps and to keep them from "walking". Billet caps are just a stronger cap and dont address the walking issue. To me billet caps are the compromise choice between a stock bottom end and a girdle. In general once you hit the 10 second range most people recommend an upgrade to the bottom end.

You could also go out and get one of those blocks with the 4 bolt caps. $$$$

HTH: Jason

Back