You can type here any text you want

Stock Rear End

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

luv2rok

I put a Currie 9" under my TTA and was thinking of selling the stocker. Any Ideas of it's worth?

luv2rok said:
I put a Currie 9" under my TTA and was thinking of selling the stocker. Any Ideas of it's worth?

friend of mine bought a 9 bolt with a 3.27 posi for $200 or 250 don't remember which and it was complete from caliper to caliper (just rearend no LCA or anything). Check around the for sale section on www.thirdgen.org to get a good idea, but they're nothing real special so they don't bring a whole lot.

depends on milage and condition .. I got a little more for my 10,500 mile one :eek:

luv2rok said:

Humm.. if the posi is bad or wore out.. its worth scarp metal. I wouldnt buy a 9 bolt that was on a TTA.. those things have been subjected to lots of abuse.

Advertise it as a 9 bolt from a 305 GTA.. it will bring top dollar ;)

Razor said:
Humm.. if the posi is bad or wore out.. its worth scarp metal. I wouldnt buy a 9 bolt that was on a TTA.. those things have been subjected to lots of abuse.

Advertise it as a 9 bolt from a 305 GTA.. it will bring top dollar ;)

ummmm come on ..the first TTA I had was my wifes daily driver :rolleyes: :eek: I raced it ...ummm once :rolleyes:

Grumpy said:
ummmm come on ..the first TTA I had was my wifes daily driver :rolleyes: :eek: I raced it ...ummm once :rolleyes:

Only to the grocery store and back. Never was at a track that I can recollect.. oil changed every 1500 miles... buwahahaha

Only drove it with her bingo dress on ;)

that car took a beating :biggrin: ahhhh..the "old" days .. now they sit in garages for car shows :cool:

It has under 9k on it and was in working order when it cam out. It is complete with the TTA brakes. I am surprised it's not worth more due it being rare.

luv2rok said:
It has under 9k on it and was in working order when it cam out. It is complete with the TTA brakes. I am surprised it's not worth more due it being rare.

what's rare about it? I'm not exactly sure how you could get the 3.23 gears in an NA car but I believe it was possible, and the rear brakes on the TTA are the same on any 3rd gen with 4 wheel disc brakes. There's nothing special about the rear end in the TTA, besides for the suspension and even that you could get off any 1LE 3rd gen.

luv2rok said:

I don't think it's rare at all. I seem to remember a lot of the 5.7L TPI Camaros/Firebirds had 9 bolt axles with the same 3.27 gears (I owned an '88 5.7L IROC with a 3.27 9 bolt years ago). Some of the 5.0L TPI / 5 speed Camaros/Firebirds had 9 bolt axles with 3.45 gears, and at least a few '85 5.0L HO / 5 speed cars had 9 bolt axles with 3.70 gears (My cousin owned one, and it was pretty damn fast for a 5.0L). The 3.23, 3.42, and 3.73 gear cars are 10 bolt axles.

Both my -88 & -89 GTA´s had the 3.27 9-bolt. And as said before, the rear rotor/caliper are the same as the GTA´s.

Back