You can type here any text you want

Stock Ride Height

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Azrial89

What is the stock ride height from the ground to the top curve of the wheel well? Thanks!

According to RC the buick was 27.2" in front and 26.8" in rear with full tank of fuel. It is said to be buick specs that are used in TSA class racing.

This is used in tsa on all cars but alot of people know the 86s had a different height (sat lower) than the 87s.

Thanks
Bill

hello; Speaking of height? Is the GNX alot higher than a GN?
IBBY

Stock ride height is measured at the rockers behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels. It should be between 9 & 1/8 "and 10 & 5/8" on both ends.;)

If you take any measurement from the ground wouldn't it be subject to tire diameter and air pressure?

One constant would be measurement from center of wheel hub to a fixed reference point like the center edge of wheel arch. Then it wouldn't matter if you had different tire size, air pressure or even no wheels and tires.

However I suppose it would still be influenced by weight of vehicle.

My 3 to top of wheel well arch, with tires at same psi
87 GN 27 1/2" front, 26 1/8" rear (18K mi. al original)
85 T 26 7/8" front, 26 1/4" rear (1" lowering springs all around)
84 T 26 1/4" front, 25 5/8" rear (1" lowering springs all around)

hello people; Is it the propper way to take a measurment at the wheel well? I just took some measurments to the frame. I measured in front of the rear tires and behind the front. I got 7 3/4" all around but 8" at the RF. I want to know what I have as I lost my records on the front coils. I do know I have them load level rear springs Kirban sells in the rear. I do have 16" rims and 245-50 tire all around.
thanks men and lady
IBBY
PS; Does the frame height stay the same if you change springs?

Back