You can type here any text you want

Stock rims, What size tire?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dnovot1

Kinda new to the buick scene. I want to keep the stock rims but i'm looking for more traction from my tires. I have an 87 gn, so i believe the rim size is 15X7. I'm getting married on sat. and my wife to be is buying me new tires. I am only looking for rear tires, took the car to the track with her and couldn't get good traction. so she felt bad for me.

With most g-bodies, the rear axle isnt set perfect left to right.
Ive seen some guys get away with running a 255/60/15 on GN wheels, and other guys, if the rear sags some or the rear is offset some, it would rub the outer lip of the tire against the 1/4 panel.

I dont think you would have any tire rubbing with a 245/60/15 with the stock GN wheels.

My t-type wheels have 255/60/15, but the t-type wheels dont have the same backspacing as the GN wheels.

What brand tires are you looking to get?

BW

My friend own a tire distributorship for the chicago land area. I talked with the owner he said nearly any brand would send a few samples his way. I guess he has a big region, or something.

Dont know if you got your tires yet but i had 275/60/15 bfg radial ta's on stock gn wheels with stock suspension and no spacers they did not rub at all sorry i dont have any pics took them off a while ago but they fit really nice and look really good only thing is they are 28" tall where stock tire hight is 26" tall. hope this helps

Mike

275/60s fit mine fine, but the 275/50s needed a small spacer. Do a search on those sizes and you'll have more info you'll ever need. :cool:

I have 2356015 BFG Drag Radials they hook very well but just dont get caught in the rain :eek:

stick with Mickey Thompsons, they are the best DRs out right now. 275/50R15's for me.

Back