You can type here any text you want

Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87bigcut

I plan on building a grand national motor to about 550-600 horses for my street 87 cutlass. Is the stock block, crank, and rods good enough for this if i get ARP studs on mains with some billet main caps, some ARP con rod bolts (do they make these?), and some head studs. I am going to get JE pistons, but what compression ratio should I order the pison in so i can run a good amount of boost on 93 octane? I am pretty new to turbo motors so I dont know how much boost can be run on street at different compression ratios and still run premium unleaded. Is there a book on turbo buick motors? anyway, will a stock block, stock crank, stock rods (polished beams + shot peened), JE pistons, billet main caps with studs, and clevite 77 bearings be able to hold up to 550-600 horses? Also, should I use billet main caps or a Girdle? Also what should I do about a computer will the stock one be ok or is there an aftermarket one?

thanks,
Joe

Hey man I would call bruce @ aggressive perfomance. He works on these things and will never answers to almost any question you can come with(trust me I tried). The number is (586)771-9122.

Back