You can type here any text you want

Stock times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADDAM

Venomous Snake Handler
I know this ? has been asked before, but I have to shut up my buddy an LS1 owner. I said a BONE stock TTA is capable of very low 13's, even dipping into the 12's given good track prep. and ideal conditions. He says he's never seen a stocker ( he's from the mid-west ) go better than 13.7x. I only ran my car stock once and got a 13.52, this on a slippery track w/ gatorbacks way back in 90'. I know some of you have gone quicker, so ante up some times, so I can shut him up. This conversation references from the C&D piece stated the TTA was the quickest F-body.

The TTA may not be the quickest (as you reference) F body ever built. However it was the quickest production F body of it's time. It is (still) the fastest ever built at tipping the speedo at over 160 mph. Thanx in no small part to the fact that none of them had speed limiters. Contrary to popular belief, the Grand
nationals were governed to something like 127 (not sure on the exact #) 12 second TTA's are not uncommon, given a good surface, good cold air and a decent driver Turbota.

The first weekend out with my TTA, it went 13.55. And then with minor free mods and a chip it got a best of 12.42.

The part with the limiter is wrong, the TTA has a 132 MPH limiter. I found out the wrong way and then questioned the dealer and he said it was not advertised but it was installed into the chip. That's why most after market chips have a 200 mph limit.

Pete

Back