You can type here any text you want

Stock Turbo With V2 kit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickTV6

kicking butt Intercooled
I have read a lot about the new V2 intercooler, and intake kit for the last few months and I am convinced. I am planning on purchasing it next spring. Just a question though, has anyone tried to run this kit with a stock 84/5 turbo?? And if so what were the results? I have a brand new Ta33 turbo, which is not much more cfm than stock. I just want to know if I should sell it, and get somthing like a TA49 or 54. If you could wun high 13's with the stock turbo and thiskit, That would be good enough for me, for now!:cool: Any insight would help felas

Member of the Manitoba Grand National Association. Going fast with class!

The TA33 is about equal to a TA49...Put it on with the TM V2 and flat out fly!!!! :D

TA33

Stock = approx 390 cfm

TA33 = approx 700 cfm

Looks like the TA33 will put out almost double what the stocker will put out. It is a good turbo and very responsive on the street.

Keep the ta 33 its a great turbo, thanks to IRACEAV6 because i have his old one. Very happy with it , you can get a lot of power with this turbo belive it or not.

good luck

One of the very first kits that was installed on a florida car went from 12.90's to 11.90's with the ta33. Dennis is the car owner and I believe he was very happy with the results. He has since upgraded to a ta52 but I have not seen any results from the swap.
The 33 is an all around awsome street turbo with or with out the kit.
jay

Is the TA33 a direct bolt on to the hotair, or are there mods needed to make it fit?

Stock turbo

OK sounds good guys! i'm going to stick with the TA33C and try it out. But outta curiosity, could this kit work with the stock 84/5 turbo, or would you have to get something bigger?

85 WH1 with the Grand National package
Ta33 turbo, 2.5"Uppipe, walboro 307 FP, martone Adj FP reg, Ultratrans rebuild with performance mods, 2800 stall convertor, Art Carr RV shift kit, Hooker 2.5" duel exhaust, no cat.
Member of the Manitoba Grand National Association. Going fast with class!
:)

The stock turbo is way to small for the v2 kit!!! Mine runs outta steam with the stocker around 4200rpm, but has insane off idle.

I still have the stock turbo on mine. I put in the ford f/m i/c witch is a whole lot bigger then the i/c with the kit. I just adjusted my tv cable so I shift sooner. It does have awesome low end torque. I want to get a TA-54 soon.

Originally posted by 85zoom
Is the TA33 a direct bolt on to the hotair, or are there mods needed to make it fit?

yea the 33 are bolt on once in a while you'll see one up for sale used but new they cost too much

hot-air cars stock need a bigger turbo. i may have went 13:0's with a stock one but it woulda hauled realgood with a turbo upgrade.

I bought my TA-33 center section from John Craig for $400 and had a local machine shop machine the housings for a total investment of $600. When the torque converter works correctly, spools very quick and it downright pulls the hardest of all 3 of my cars.

Back