You can type here any text you want

Stoopid wire ID question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boston GN

On the harness stock for the radio, there is a clip that has an orange wire and brownish black wire. What are these? I assume the orange is power and the brownish black one a ground maybe?

On my Alpine deck it says to run it's yellow (with built in fuse) wire to the battery. Can I just run this wire to the orange one? I would also like to run the power wire to my remote exhaust cut out to this wire because the switch will be located in my center console, if in fact the big orange wire is a 12v source. Feasible?

Thanks

The orange wire in that connector is 12V constant from the 20A CIG-CLK fuse. So, you can run your new yellow wire to that if it's the memory wire. I wouldn't run the main power wire there, tho. The brown wire in that connector is 12V when the park lights are on. (doesn't change when the dash lights are dimmed, that's the gray wire in another connector) You should be ok to run the cut-out's wire to the orange wire, it doesn't draw very much current, does it?

David

Back