Strange Powermaster Issue

ASturbo86

Ok, I have tried everything and cannot get my PM motor to run on the vehicle. The following is the history and the steps I have taken to root cause the problem (with a lot of help from Zeusgn87, can't thank him enough)...

Initial issue was a bad PM motor, kept blowing fuses so ordered a replacement. Hooked everything up, new motor wouldn't operate either when ignition was applied, only got very hot. Thought maybe I had a bad replacement motor so hooked up an external power supply and could get the motor to run (didn't notice if the fluid on the p/s started to drop or not). This leads me to believe my original motor was damaged by whatever is the current issue until it eventually started to blow fuses.
Hooked vehicle harness back to motor and disconnected and then connected switch to check relay. I can hear it engage so the relay is good no matter the power source. Checked terminal 'C' of motor harness and I have 12.2 volts. If 'C' wire was shorted it should blow fuse instantly. Terminal 'A' shows 0.2 ohms to ground.

I'm stumped, what am I missing? Does anyone know where the grounding location is for terminal 'A' wire?

We have limited driving days here in Michigan, I'm losing precious time....

Update.
I hooked up the external power supply again to check to see if the fluid was moving while it ran, it's not. While it was running I checked the voltage across the power supply leads and it only read 1.5 volts. Probably explains why it wasn't pumping any fluid. Could this be pointing back to a bad replacement motor that is only operating at low voltages?

Since I'm talking to myself, figured I would complete the conversation. :biggrin:

It turned out to be a bad replacement motor after all. Thanks to Wade for sending me a new replacement to take care of this and the numerous chats with Zeusgn87.

Thought I would let others know this in case someone has similar issues after they are sure everything else is checking out correctly with the PM.

In summary:
Harness side
>terminals 'A' to body ground and 'D' to body ground should both measure approx. 0.2 - 0.4 ohms
>terminal 'C' to ground should measure approx. 12 volts (30 amp fused line)
>terminal 'B' to ground with ignition on should measure approx. 12 volts