You can type here any text you want

Stree chips vs. race chips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JordanCVP

I've been reading some other parts of the boards, where people compare 20+ boost, 110, and a race chip to 15-18 lbs, pump gas, and a street chip... obviously the latter is not as strong... but my question is, what exact difference(s) do street and race chips make? Pros and cons to running each one all the time? I'm understanding that theres some sort of advantage (non-racing that is) to having a street chip in rather than a race chip... what is it? :confused:

Its just the opposite. A street chip usually has between 18-20* of timing and runs well on 93 octane gas. A race chip usually has around 24-30* of timing and would ping and blow the heads off the car on 93 octane gas. To take advantage of a race chip, you need to run race gas. The difference between 93 octane/street chip/15lbs of boost and 116 octane/racechip/25lbs of boost is at least 100 horsepower on a fairly stock car.

hmm that makes more sense to me... so the difference in timing is its varying degrees of timing under boost?

Yes and according to your turbo, injectors, etc. Besides timing, race chips also have different fuel curves programmed than a street chip.

Moved to "Computer Chips 101". Please post in the appropriate forum, thanks.

Geoff

what about fuel tables? Duty cycle of the injectors. Don't the race chips operate at 100% duty cycle when you go WOT and for the street chips they go about 85% duty cycle?

Chips are only set up static if your injectors are too small. Ideally you wanna be 80-90%

Typically, street chips are fueled for 18ish psi and race chips are fueled for 24-25psi unless specifically requested higher. (Provided there is more fuel available from the injectors. ie: 11.4 car w/009's are just about full tilt...YES, your brothers cousins nephew went 10.2 on 009's...whatever.... anyway, if the chip is set to 100% at 24psi, then there simply isnt more fuel to be had for 25+psi)

Back