You can type here any text you want

Stretch or aftermarket intercoolers and alky...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket or stretch IC is about as worthless as tits on a borhog when using alky injection or NOS. My TTA ran the same MPH and ET with my 15 row big neck IC as it did with my totally stock TTA IC. The cooling effect of the alky must be enough so as the extra 5 rows of the stretch IC are making no SIGNIFICANT difference in power. Anyone have any pro/con opinions on this subject? I'd be glad to hear from someone to convince me my theory is bunk before I give my dad my stretch, and put my stocker with a Dutt. big neck mod back on. The extra ground clearnance and shroud would be nice!

I agree..my belief is for a car running the 1/4 mile if you start with a cold intercooler and cool motor..there is no benefit.I even question the dutt neck..its one of those it cant hurt..lots of controversy surrounding it.

Also..our cars suck when it comes to getting air directed into the intercooler..this is the TTA drawback..even a ninja death front mount doesnt work well cuase ya cant get air to go through it.It may end up that the way to go is a air/liquid with a quality core.

TTA and Gn's use different IC's when it comes to stretch ones..cuase of ground clearance..

This is the only category our cars suck in..besides all the memorabilia being priced to the moon :)

Back