Stroker Kit Choices For 109 Help

countrybumpkin

TurboBuick.Com Known SCAMMER
Looking Stroker Kit 247 '' What Kit To Get Cat Crank Ver Eagle Any Extra Work Needed For Either Kit I Want The Best Any Help From Someone That Has Done This Thanks

Some thing seldom mentioned

Is that the oil boss in the block must be clearanced. There is a way to set the block up and do some measuring so as to not go through into the passage. Just read somewhere that someone was going to have to sleeve the oil passage. This is with a 3.625 stroke crank!!!!

If you need to sleeve the oil feed gallery, use brass tubing available from most hobby shops. It comes in 1/32" increments. Drill the passage out to next 32nd and epoxy the tube in place. You don't even have to drill the entire journal out, just drill deep enough to get it past the notch. Drill it out BEFORE you grind though it, so the drill bit stays straight. A core drill works the best. They are REAL expensive, tough. A standard drill will work fine, though. After the epoxy dries use along shank sanding cone and sand the excess epox out. I wouldn't install the sleeve untill you have sufficient rod bolt clearance.
Might also be time to externally feed the oil pump, too, and just plug the oil gallery hole in the face of the block.
I have been using the brass tubing on pushrod and head bolt holes when porting the 8445 heads to the 1200 Felpro's. They work GREAT!

Eagle does not have a stroker crank, only stock stroke units. Cat Engine is the supplier of the Stroker cranks. We have complete kits with Cat or K1 rods and Diamond pistons.

Mike

Mike, how do you feel the Cat rods compare to the K1 rods? I know they are much cheaper, but do you have any idea of the power/rpm they can support?

Side by side they look the same, Cat uses the standard ARP bolt, K1 uses the ARP 2000 bolt. I don't have enough Cat units out there to make a fair statement yet. My gut tells me the K1 is a little better, how much better? I do not know yet, or know if it really is better at all. I know one thing for sure, the K1 has proven to be a great product. The price went up a bunch this year and some guys were looking for another option for lower priced rebuilds.

Mike