You can type here any text you want

stuck O2 sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daturbosix

soo, my BS3 wide bad is stuck in my stainless DP. ive broken 2 wrenches so far.

any suggestions? :mad:

+2 - heat up around it with a torch and then try take in it out - 9 times out of 10 it comes out ..

My friend always uses a 1/2" impact gun & a O2 socket,he says it always works.

The socket says no impact gun should be used.;)

ill try the heat thing. hopefully that works cuz i doubt i could fit the socket and impact on it.

If it is stuck that bad you are going to need good torch with oxygen to get it hot enough. I had to take my truck to an exhaust shop to get mine out, ripped the threads completely out of one. I went through 2 cylinders of oxygen on my torch before saying fvck it. Good luck.

Bryan

It might be easier to remove the dp from the car then you can have better access to the sensor and / or taking it to a shop for them to heat it up without the risk of burning up your car if the sensor is in a tight location.

A penetrant does actually work. Spray WD40 or something similar around the threads and let it sit for an hour or more. You can also try tightening just a hair then backing out. If all else fells use heat. It takes a while but you can use MAP gas to get it glowing red.

just start the car , let it warm to temp.... Shut it down.... Pops right out

been there, done that.... Don't beat it up, heat it up:wink::wink:

Back