You can type here any text you want

Studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I think I've found the right ARP numbers.

Mains: 322-5602

Head: 223-4002

My question is, the head studs. Since these Indy blocks have "blind" :D head stud/bolt holes(that are 1.12" deep), will the above stage II studs still be the correct one's, might they be a tad tall??
:confused:

Dave, I'd love to help you out, but I don't know anything about the depth of the aluminum block threads. I think that there are very few people who have experience with those blocks, which is why you're not getting responses. (I don't think Kenny D. surfs this board much. :D ) You're something of a pioneer, buddy.

I think too short is gonna be more like it.
If I read this right,the depths of the blind holes on my Stage 2/on center are 7/8".
They probably put the depth at +1/4" for the aluminum to allow for the lower thread strength.

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Dave, I'd love to help you out, but I don't know anything about the depth of the aluminum block threads. I think that there are very few people who have experience with those blocks, which is why you're not getting responses. (I don't think Kenny D. surfs this board much. :D ) You're something of a pioneer, buddy.

You're probably right. Not having a head around I can't place a stud (don't have yet) to see how things fit.

BTW, I got the intake manifold (stage II late design 4 barrel) yesturday.
THIS THING IS MASSIVE!!!!!!!!! :eek:
There'll be a hood clearance problem for sure!!!!!!!! unless I can get a LOW profile dog house built. ;)

Originally posted by TurboDave
You're probably right. Not having a head around I can't place a stud (don't have yet) to see how things fit.

BTW, I got the intake manifold (stage II late design 4 barrel) yesturday.
THIS THING IS MASSIVE!!!!!!!!! :eek:
There'll be a hood clearance problem for sure!!!!!!!! unless I can get a LOW profile dog house built. ;)

Nope... I had the carb mounting surface milled down, and used a Hemco doghouse and an adapter plate. No problems whatsoever.

Mac, how much did you have to mill it down?? This is one tall mutha of a carb flange :eek:

BTW, you still got those heads you and I talked about a few months back?

I guess I milled it about an inch or so. You can see there's a lot of room there.

Re: the heads, yes, they're still on the shelf. (I noticed you've been shopping.) Of course, I had to index the price to the price of gasoline, which, as you know, has been going up, so.... :D :D

Originally posted by Mac in SD
<snip> Of course, I had to index the price to the price of gasoline, which, as you know, has been going up, so.... :D :D
DOH! :eek:

Back