You can type here any text you want

sub wiring ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
I just got 2 12" JLw3v2 4ohm dual voice coil subs. The problem I am having is trying to hook these up so my amp will see 2ohms, but I don't believe that is possible with 4ohm dual vc's. But I've found a website that sells my amp and the specs say that it can also be run 400wx2@1ohm, so would wiring the subs in parallel get me 400w per sub??

I believe those are 3 ohm dual voice. They are usually set up with three woofers. You probally got to run the amp in stereo.

Originally posted by 87gnblackdemon
I just got 2 12" JLw3v2 4ohm dual voice coil subs. The problem I am having is trying to hook these up so my amp will see 2ohms, but I don't believe that is possible with 4ohm dual vc's. But I've found a website that sells my amp and the specs say that it can also be run 400wx2@1ohm, so would wiring the subs in parallel get me 400w per sub??

The only configuration you can wire those subs up to are 1 ohm, 4 ohms, or 16 ohms. Unfortunately 2 ohms is not an option. You'll need dual 2 ohm subs for that.

ok, well I'm in the process of trying to swap the 4ohms for 2ohms, if not then I'm gonna need a new amp.

Either way, the 4ohms or 2ohms, I'll need an amp that can dish out 300w or more per sub.

With the 4ohms, I'll need it to do it in 1ohm, with the 2ohms it will need to do it in 4ohms. So when I read the specs on amps, and it says 300x2, does that mean 300 to each sub or 150? If 150 then I should be looking for an amp that gives 600w or more by 1, right?

Back