You can type here any text you want

Subwoofer box

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Guys...

What sub box should I use ???

I want to mount the box in the space below the rear window shelf in the trunk. There is only 13"H (and a bit) X 33"W space there and most boxes are 14" - like at millionbuy.com.

Do I have to build my own ?

I got no idea how to do that...or at least how to do it properly.

What's everyone else doin' ?

I dont wanna sacrifice the trunk space in the lower part of the trunk.

I had the same problem looking for a pre-fab box to put in the same place. I finally found one that just fits with a 10" sub and it sounds great. I just happen to have a second box just like the first one I bought. They sent me both a gray one and a black one and I decided to use the black one. I have no use for the extra box so, if you think it's something you might be interested in, I'll sell it for $25 plus shipping. I've E-mailed a couple of pics to you so you can get an idea what they look like in the trunk. Good Luck,

Will you send me a pic also if HOTSIX doesn't want it??

Thanks

$25 plus shipping ?

What are the exact demensions of the box ? I'm definitely interested - might save me a lot of hassle building one on my own !

Does one 10" sub soud good enough ? I would be content to have enuf bass inside the car to supplement the components I have.

Not looking to blow the windows out here.

I've got a Rockford Fosgate 10" HE sub driven with the sub channel of a Kenwood 5 channel amp. It only delivers 120 watts RMS power but that is more than enough for my taste. I love lots of bass but am happy with having it inside the car only. Don't care if I can rattle windows in the 'hood or not. IF you want to have plenty of bass to spare you might want to go with about 200 watts RMS into 4 ohms. ..........and you'd be surprised just how loud a 10" sub with 120 watts into it can sound. My box is sealed because I prefer a more natural sounding bass. If you use a ported box the bass will be a bit louder albiet not so natural sounding. IMHO. Have fun,

Just a note to let you know that the Sub box is sold. It would have been expensive to ship almost 20 lbs to Canada anyway. Sorry.

Back