You can type here any text you want

suggestions for new speakers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
Hey guys,

I'm going to be getting myself some new speakers for the GN in the near future and was hoping for some suggestions on what to get. Right now all I have are the 2 front speakers, and they're pretty much trash. I have nothing in the rear.

My budget is around 100, maybe up to 150 bucks. I'm not looking for anything AMAZING, just a decent set of speakers for that budget. I will likely be adding a small sub in the trunk soon after (a lil 10" hand-me-down from a friend). I listen to all diff types of music, from rap to classical, and rock to talk radio, so I guess I'm just looking for some good general purpose speakers. OH, and I allready have a nice new head unit (can;t remember the model, but its a nice one, panasonic I think).

Also, I know the rear speakers arent the standard 6x9 size, and I seem to remember there not being much selection in speakers when it comes to our stock size. Am I totally off base? Is it worth it to get some sort of adaptor?

Thanks for the help guys!!

4x10 in the rear i had 4x10s and 6x9s with adapters and i liked my kenwood 4x10s better than the pioneer 6x9s i bought.

Its just that I couldn't find any 3-way speakers in the 4x10 size, only 2-way. But there are tons of 3-way 6x9s. Are the adaptors that much of a hassle?

I have the adaptors, I don't like them. no matter what I do they vibrate. I think they're cheezy. JMO. I'm gonna put in a decent set of 410s when I redo the interior. I had factory 410s in my 84 skylark and they sounded awesome compared to my pioneer 6x9s I have in my regal now.

Back