Sunoco GT100 went from $4 to $5 gal OVERNIGHT

BLACKHAWK38

I am serious about may getting PROPANE injection kit to offset the PRICE gouching off the unleaded race fuel i was using, Yesterday it cost $4 a gallon at the pump, NOW, TODAY, WHAM BAM , 20% price gouch IN one fell swoop, THIS IS BS!!!

I went over to local speed shop , and they are pumping 108 purple Leaded for $5/gal, and 114 BLUE for $6/gal, SO i bought 10 gallons of 114 leaded for 60 bucks rather than pay fifty bucks for 10 gallons of the GT100 unleaded.

I can easily now mix 93 pump gas and 108 unleaded purple, and still have 100.5 octane for $ 3.75 gallon considering than 93 is about 2.50 per gallon + 5.00 for 108 = 7.50 for 2 gallons or 3.75 a gallon.

How much boost can I run on 93 plus PROPANE?

and considering that the KIT cost over 600 bucks, I would have to little over a 600 gallons purchase of race fuel BEFORE payback, 20- 27 weeks

MAD AS HECK about FUEL PRICES

????

Why not just get alky?
Seems to be a pretty popular and cost effective choice.....
Steve

93 and alky will run much higher boost than you can run with 108 or even 112 (unless you have a really good intercooler or ported heads and such )

with 100 through a stock IC your probably just able to get by with about 22-23 # boost and only with low timing , with alky(methanol) and 93premuim unleaded 27# of boost is easy once you find what your car needs and you can run lots of timing in 1st and -2nd gear and on a stock IC with a dutt neck

93 unleaded is just over 2.50 right now, methanol is about 2.50 a gallon but a gallon of meth goes al ong way (probably wont use it up during a tank of fuel) since you only use it when under boost and even then only use about 30% alky with 70% fuel when you do boost so the cost per gallon is still only 2.50 under boost

youll save a lot more than $1 per gallon vs gt100 , around here UL100 been 5.00 a gallon at the track , higher elsewhere . 112 was 6.50 ,and 116 was 7.50

and alky kits can be had for under 500 (you do the install)

for me it was an easiy decision on a basically stock street car that sees plenty of track use ,alky is great !
now with a tsm car i'm debating on doing the switch . even though they dont allow alky in competion it will allow me to drive it more often and to drive it like i stole it and still go down the 1/4 mile with 93 in the tank
if i do manage to make it to a tsm regulated competion i could always , swap the chip ,disconnect the alky and fill up with race fuel.

Yep, 100 octane went from $4.25 to $4.50 in one week. Its already up a quarter since last year.

Wish I could find 108 unleaded here, thats some good stuff. We have 110 for $4 though, thats pretty sweet if you like ditching 02 sensors every other month.

Forget propane, alky and straight meth will do the trick and hundreds of board members can vouch for it.

Sunoco 100 went from $4.95 to $5.25 this past weekend. Time to fill the alky tank back up I guess.

Jim