SUPER MINT 1987 GN in Ohio; 15K miles; one of the best out there!!

BAD87GN

It's a 15,000 mile 1987 with T-tops I've had for 12 years. I have added some bolt-ons to get it to run 12.40's, but maintained everything to put it back to showroom new condition. All original paint, pretty much mint. Unfortunately, with two young boys, it does not get much use at all anymore. I put 140 miles on it last year, and have had it out just once this year so far - it just sits in storage.

I truly believe it to be one of the really "good" ones that left the factory. Paint is very nice, and the car has not needed any servicing at all in the time I've had it - i.e. it has always started and ran perfectly. Underhood is detailed and perfect, interior / trunk is perfect and smells new, outside is near perfect. I've been to all of the big Buick events, and seldom have seen one as nice.

Never in any salt or rain, original stock wheels and tires, plus I have drag stars (aluminum) with drag radials. Rear main does leak a little oil, as they all do. T-tops do not leak at all. Original paint is pretty perfect - no checking or anything at all - definitely one of the few great paint jobs from the factory. I'm in NE Ohio, about 40 miles south of Cleveland.

I think the car is a true collectible. I added some of the bolt-ons 12 years ago, when they were not worth as much as they are now, but kept all of the original stuff, assuming that some day it would be a collectible and worth a lot in all stock condition. In a day, I could have it back to looking like it just came out of the showroom. Super nice glossy paint, very nice original wheels and Goodyears (WOL), highly detailed underhood, trunk with factory trunk kit, as nice as you will find out there.

I bought the car in 1996 from the original owner with 9,000 miles on it, who was preparing for retirement. It was 100% stock and original except he added rustproofing, alarm system, and mudflaps at the dealer when new, never in salt / rain, etc. Reading about the performance gain that the bolt-ons can provide, and some things that should be added to enhance driveability and longevity, I added the following:

Valve cover block vents on both sides
160 degree thermostat
Rear seat brace kit
Kenne Bell ram air kit with K&N filter
Casper thumbwheel chip (Ultrachip)
Heated O2 sensor
Powermaster brake accumulator (GM replacement)
Armstrong volt booster
Boost gauge on pillar
Hi-lo manual fan control
Adjustable wastegate
Air bags in rear springs
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Armstrong XP fuel pump
Cragar drag stars 15x7ft and 15x8rr
Nitto drag radials on rr and found extra Eagle GT's to mount on ft
Houston down pipe and test pipe with dump
DC Tech turbo shield and alternator cover
Duttweiler neck intercooler (I have my stock original IC, too) and hoses
Chrome cap on A/C accumulator
ATR stainless exhaust
Embroidered original GM floormats
New Delco battery this year
Fuel filter and all fluids were changed in 2000 and 12,600 miles

In adding these items, I was extremely careful to ensure that nothing was permanent, and that the stock / original items could be re-installed. I have all of these stock / original parts, which of course go with the car. This includes the original chrome wheels, with the original Eagle GT's in white outlined letter - I even have an extra one of these tires (no wheel), should something happen to an original. The one item I do not have is the original exhaust - it was not worth saving. Paint is near perfect, and as glossy as you will find. No door dings or scratches on the all original paint - does have a few minor stone chips near rear wheels, all on the "stoneguard" portion of the paint, so it is very low. I have the original window sticker, manuals, service records, my various records , etc. I have had the car for over 12 years now, and never had to take it to the dealer for anything. It has always started and ran perfectly, and I've had to replace nothing. It is pretty loaded, including T-tops and rare trunk kit. Does not have power seat or antenna, both a good thing now, I think. No body side moulding option, I think that ruins the look. Interior and trunk still have new smell. Always stored in climate controlled garage. Steering wheel and visors are perfect.

If you want cheap, this is not it. Perfect, needs nothing, ready to show and drive now, one of the nicest out there, all original items included, this is it. I have attended all of the national Buick events and there are some nice GN's left out there, but I haven't seen any that are much nicer (if any nicer) than this one. $24,500 for everything. Best of both worlds; a lightly modified 12 sec street terror or an all original perfect stocker. Thanks!

Sounds like a sweet ride. If you want any real interest you need to post some detailed pics.