You can type here any text you want

Suspension Advice Please....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chrisk

TurboTransAm.com
Here is a picture of my car this past Nov. The front suspension is stock but with new springs,shocks and bushings. Swaybar is original.

The Rear is all stock/original but with new shocks.

I dont know if i want to go all out with the full HR setup and have to deal with the troubles of adjusting the uppers all the time.
I have read where people got the HR setup and had a hard time tuning it and couldnt hook at all.

I know I want and need the lowers and the bar but id like to hear what others who have done this have to say...

Thanks!

Chris

GNedit2-vi.jpg

What does it 60ft now?
What is your goal?
Are you trying to stick to that wheel and tire setup?

I can tell from the pic that you're heavy on the pass side to say the least Chris. You may have gotten into the 10's but you can do much better with the car. If you scale the car and figure out what the cross weights are it will help to get it lower. Have you done this yet?

The squat is not being controlled. A set of adj shocks will allow you to tune as needed. [Remember, girls squat... race cars don't.]
As for repeated adjustment of the HR uppers... Why would you need to do that? Once pinion angle is set, leave them alone.
Could well be that folks that can't hook w/ the HR system are not approaching chassis tuning in the correct and methodical way???
I added the HR bar, ditched the air bags, and found a BIG improvement in handling.

I heard the Wolfe bars aren't good on the street. I'm rolling with the H&R bar

What does it 60ft now?
What is your goal?
Are you trying to stick to that wheel and tire setup?

My 60ft was a 1.535 I may slap a set of slicks on once in a while.
_DSC9438-vi.jpg

I can tell from the pic that you're heavy on the pass side to say the least Chris. You may have gotten into the 10's but you can do much better with the car. If you scale the car and figure out what the cross weights are it will help to get it lower. Have you done this yet?

No I have not done this.

The squat is not being controlled. A set of adj shocks will allow you to tune as needed. [Remember, girls squat... race cars don't.]
As for repeated adjustment of the HR uppers... Why would you need to do that? Once pinion angle is set, leave them alone.
Could well be that folks that can't hook w/ the HR system are not approaching chassis tuning in the correct and methodical way???
I added the HR bar, ditched the air bags, and found a BIG improvement in handling.

Chuck, What shocks are we talking? QA1's???
Did you also install the control arms?
I guess I should get the whole HR kit and be done with it.
Now the question is do I want the new Delrin bushings they have???

Thanks for all the replies!!

Chris

I'd say that timeslip looks pretty damn good for 16" radials. Looking at the 1/8th mile to 1/4, looks like the car is doing what it should?

I'd say that timeslip looks pretty damn good for 16" radials. Looking at the 1/8th mile to 1/4, looks like the car is doing what it should?

+1

How much boost can you hold at the line, and what did you have psi set at on that run if you don't mind?

I have a trans brake. But anything over 5 psi of boost and the tires let loose. I think I had about 14psi inthe tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I have not done this. Chris

Scale the car and get the front to rear bias as well as the cross weight. this will help you figure out why the car is heavy on the pass side rear. It almost looks like it's sitting with to much weight on the passenger side the way it's launching. Maybe a bad spring?

Back