You can type here any text you want

Suspension keeps getting pushed back so...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

... I thought about breaking up the installs with minimal overlap in labor costs. I'm definitely trying to avoid paying for alignment twice, so what can I do that would make the most sense with those considerations? Can I have the bilsteins slapped on at all 4 corners? I'm seriously thinking about a hydroboost setup, too!

scandc's afx kit is looking promising at this point since I waited so long (and have some more pennies as a result). :eek:

... I thought about breaking up the installs with minimal overlap in labor costs. I'm definitely trying to avoid paying for alignment twice, so what can I do that would make the most sense with those considerations? Can I have the bilsteins slapped on at all 4 corners? I'm seriously thinking about a hydroboost setup, too!

scandc's afx kit is looking promising at this point since I waited so long (and have some more pennies as a result). :eek:

You can do the shocks yourself very easily if you wanted to and do not need to align it after installing them. HydroBoost isnt going to be cheap but is well worth it! The AFX package is an awesome improvement, of course I'm a little partial since it's going on my car right now!! It's a little of a project so if you plan to get this, dont put the new shocks on yet, they will need to be pulled of to install the springs and spindles.

Not sure when I'd get it all done, that's why I wouldn't mind the minimal overlap (pulling shocks again). I won't do springs yet, I'll wait for AFX kit. I need to get at least 17s to work with the AFX kit (which I planned on getting anyway). My ride quality is TRASH now, trust me LOL. It has that old school hoopty feel to it... anywho, shocks would hold me over (ride quality increase) until I decide what 17s/18s I want... I'm thinking ofthe hydroboost because Vac just feels "mushy" and with all this performance I def don't want to skimp on brakes (hence afx, get some 13" vette rotors from Napa or something--bolt on!)

Nero, let me walk you through buy the parts for the brakes once you get to that point. I can save you some $$$! Yeah, I would simply put the shocks on and be done with it until you have the $$$ to put the AFX package on. PM me anytime or even give me a buzz at 563-940-2347 if you have any questions. Mark can give you a parts list but it's very basic and not much help really. I have done all of the research and know where exactly to get the best parts at the best prices. -----Jeremy

Sounds good Jeremy, I'll save your number and shoot you a PM! Thanks again

Both of you guys need to finish your cars up!

NERO - Get that car finished! Do it all at once. The job is not that hard. You mentioned labor costs - you can do most of it with simple hand tools in your garage. The only thing I would recommending sending out is the control arm bushing replacement (if you don't have access to a good press).

JDPolzin - I can't speak, as I still have not decided on springs. I've looked at photos of the cars with the 5658s on them and they look real low (I think a bit too low for my tire/wheel combo). Detroit Eaton Springs said they can build me a spring with a 1/2 drop (coupled with the SC&C Stage 2 kit drop of .75 inch) which should get me sitting where I want to be.

Rob

Hey Silver Fox!! How are ya! I am getting closer! We have the lower A arms sand blasted and also have the braces cut so the next step is welding them in, pressing in the bushings and ball joints, then it's GAME ON!!!! I hear you on the springs. I can say one thing, MArcus tells me the springs are running a little taller than they used to but he said it's more than likely going to run 7/8 shorter than a new stock spring. Another thing to think about is that your stock springs will be sagging right now so they probably will only be slightly lower than it is right now. This is one of the biggest misconseptions people dont understand about springs. People tend to think lowering springs are going to get them 1" lower than where their car sits but they dont take into effect that the car is sitting lower than "NEW" stock springs do. I would say, give it a little bit, I hope to have my car sitting on the ground, FINALLY, within a couple weeks! I personally think these springs will look perfect on your car with the wheels! Your car is gorgeous. I'm hoping mine looks as good!!!

DAMNIT, you're right!!! I'm just torn, if I do AFX I'll need to hasten my 17"/18" wheel decision and now I'm leaning toward Eibach springs 'cause I don't want the rear to be too high compared to the front (AFX... tall ball joints etc)..

DAMNIT, you're right!!! I'm just torn, if I do AFX I'll need to hasten my 17"/18" wheel decision and now I'm leaning toward Eibach springs 'cause I don't want the rear to be too high compared to the front (AFX... tall ball joints etc)..

Nero, nero, nero, once again, check with me before you go buying parts. I CAN SAVE YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Rear Springs MOOG 5413 (Identical to BellTech's drop springs)
MOOG 5401 (Identical to Eibachs drop springs)

PM me or call me if you need to! ----Jeremy

Ive got to do something about the handling of my GN. It will NEVER see a cage, so 11.50 is as fast as it will go in a straight line. I do however want to improve the handling and braking.

Im planning on BMR tubular control arms and maybe IROC springs. I just put my KYBs on the front (finally:eek: ) and gained 1" of ground clearance. Rides better too. Also tossed on a 36mm bar with poly bushings. Car handles much better, and I have plenty of room between the swaybar and my Kirban braces. Also plenty of room for my aluminum IC shroud. :)

I have GTAs on my car so I'll go with the LS-1 F-Body brake conversion. Bolts right on too. I was wondering if the SC&C frame brace will work with a stretch SLIC. Im planning on a PTE SLIC in my future mods. Will they play nice together?

I'll also do all the body bushing and braces as money allows. Just want to tighten the car up some. Any advice welcomed.

Nero, nero, nero, once again, check with me before you go buying parts. I CAN SAVE YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Rear Springs MOOG 5413 (Identical to BellTech's drop springs)
MOOG 5401 (Identical to Eibachs drop springs)

PM me or call me if you need to! ----Jeremy

Trust me, I'll be hitting you up before I drop 2+ bills on Eibach especially since you just gave me that info! I'm all about doing this once and right.

No worries about the nero factor (a tbs.com thing) I'm having mechanics handle suspension. I'm too inexperienced to attempt something so critical.

Critical???? Why on earth would our suspension and brakes be so critical?:biggrin: I thought you just had to have a BIG Turbo and some Convo Pros to go fast?:biggrin:

Ok i'm done being a smart ass!! Maybe its becuase it's finally sunny here! WOOOOOHOOOOO, Beer drinkin weather is coming!!!

I was wondering if the SC&C frame brace will work with a stretch SLIC. Im planning on a PTE SLIC in my future mods. Will they play nice together?

I'll also do all the body bushing and braces as money allows. Just want to tighten the car up some. Any advice welcomed.

I have SCnC front brace with my GBP SLIC. Fits like a glove, mechanic (friend of mine) put pieces of radiator hose so it wouldn't rub on close parts. :smile:

12.7-1 quick steer box

All those mods sound great,(especially the Hydroboost) We carry the new G.M 12.7-1 steering box. I think they handle better than any rack, without the twitchey, oversensitive steering. The H/B, quick steer box, and a 1.250" sway bar (We have Hotchkiss) would improve the characteristics of the handing, drastically.

Back