Sway Bar Opinions and other upgrade info

fl89tta

Anyone tell me what size sway bars our cars come from the factory? Is everyone changing them out or just the bushings? I'm looking to upgrade suspension and want to know what everyone thinks. And if your using aftermarket sway bars please tell me what brand and if any mods necessary.

Exhaust...
Gonna upgrade exhaust etc. I've heard I have to relocate rear control arms to use a 3' exhaust. And input is appreciated. What kind of exhaust is everyone using What brand and size, any mods to install etc.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rudy
fl89tta

Like Jan said the WS6 swaybars are pretty big already and haven't really heard of anyone changing them. If I recall they already have poly bushings as well...at least mine did or maybe the previous owner installed them if they were not factory. But at 25 years old it wouldn't hurt to replace all the bushings with new poly units anyway.

I run a full ATR 3" exhaust including 3" tailpipes with no modifications. Probably the best system fit, sound and performance ever built specifically for the TTA (mocked up and fabricated on a TTA). Unfortunately ATR no longer exists so you will only find this system used if you are lucky. Both Borla and Magnaflow make 3" S/S systems for the 3rd gen f-body but are not listed directly for the TTA though I'm quite sure most exhaust shops can make them fit without too much trouble.

Attachments

• TTA exhaust no tag.jpg
    TTA exhaust no tag.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Thanks for the info. need to change struts/shocks and springs, the originals are really worn out, and was wondering if I had to mess with uogradeing sway bar while I was at it.
So I'll just change out bushings. Are they specific to our cars? Or will any energy suspension that size work?
Or any suggestions? The end-links are new just need the bracket bushings.

Thanks Again,
Rudy
fl89tta

Should be able to get Energy Suspension bushings based on the sway bar sizes...not sure if they list them specific...maybe for WS6? I replaced my rear end links with a universal ES kit that was the correct length. A lot of guys like the Bilstein's for the car, no need to mess with the springs they are probably fine unless you want to lower the car a little then Eibach's work nicely.

Attachments

• DSC05627.JPG
    DSC05627.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 99