Switched back to the Q-jet

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hello Everyone;

This weekend I switched back to my Q-jet. I keep have problems with the Holley leaking fuel out of the air bleed hole on the secondary's . I change gasket's it would be ok for a couple weeks, then it would start leaking again.

So I rebuilt the Q-Jet , seal the main jet (primary & secondary ) well's with Epoxy. Seem's run pretty good. I still have to get to the track this year. But .........

Also the holley also ran rich at Idle , thats another one I could figure out. The close I figure these engine's don't move alot of air at a Idle. So on the large bored holley there wasn't suffent air flow to get the good mixture needed aty Idle.

Well , I went back to the Holley. The Q-jet was acting up worst than the holley . The epoxy I used on the jet well's turned to jelly.

I found the problem with the holley and fixed it.

wow- that was quite the turn of events. I hope you got it all figured out. How'd ya end up fixing that Holley? My car is lean at an idle, & way rich with any accelaration. Gotta work out some kinks, but it doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Do you plan on running at the track soon?

A little gasket burr . Thats all. But After yesterday run(s) . I'm putting the 780 Holley back on.