You can type here any text you want

Switching to an AEM 3.5 bar MAP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I am getting ready to switch to an AEM 3.5 bar MAP. What wires go where? Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

The AEM sensor should have an instruction sheet with a schematic for the three wires. +5, Ground, and sensor wire. I have a corrected calibration file if your interested. I found the default Fast files are not accurate.
Allan G.

Attachments

I'm out of town tuning and going by memory, but I think A is ground, B is 5 volt, and C is signal.
Remember, when you swap it, you will not only have to change the fuel calc to 4 bar and change the MAP sensor calibration, you will also have to rescale the VE, Spark, & Target A/F tables.

I'm out of town tuning and going by memory, but I think A is ground, B is 5 volt, and C is signal.
Remember, when you swap it, you will not only have to change the fuel calc to 4 bar and change the MAP sensor calibration, you will also have to rescale the VE, Spark, & Target A/F tables.
This should all be done in the tune you sent me, correct?

I find it interesting that a Fast user has a more accurate map sensor calibration than the Fast supplied calibration??

Yes. You're all set Rob.

Norbs: This doesn't surprise me at all. Have you tried using their supplied tunes? Or injector offsets? I consider them a guide line to get you close. If Alan thinks the 3.5 bar is off, he ought to try the 5 bar.

Allen is as sharp a dude as they come. His car is insane. He is an engineer and thinks outside the box of the normal train of thought with his FAST equipment. I spent an hour on the phone with him on Wed asking questions about the FAST touch screen dash and EGT module. He uses the dash for logging and info way differently then I have read others using it.
He would have to really get into specifics as this is all very new to me. I'm hoping to get my equipment very soon. I'm going to be with Cal at Norwalk in 2 weeks and very quietly watch over his shoulder to learn as much as I can. I have another year to finish my car, so play time will be on the computer only.

Side question...I run an AEM Wideband O2 right now. Is it good enough to run with the FAST or should I look into a different unit?

The FAST has it's own wideband, no need for anything else. That is why I went XFI, after buying a modded ecm for big injectors, Powerlogger, Translator, wideband, Scanmaster,etc, you could have an XFI.

Yes. You're all set Rob.

Norbs: This doesn't surprise me at all. Have you tried using their supplied tunes? Or injector offsets? I consider them a guide line to get you close. If Alan thinks the 3.5 bar is off, he ought to try the 5 bar.

I got to the point where I developed my own calibration tables since I have pressure transducers everywhere and also prefer to see them in standard units. I also changed from my 3.5 bar sensor to a 5 bar and just used my own calibration files. I also veified them as best I could with a calibrated pressure transducer and air supply just to gain extra confidence.
Allan G.

Allen is as sharp a dude as they come. His car is insane. He is an engineer and thinks outside the box of the normal train of thought with his FAST equipment. I spent an hour on the phone with him on Wed asking questions about the FAST touch screen dash and EGT module. He uses the dash for logging and info way differently then I have read others using it.
He would have to really get into specifics as this is all very new to me. I'm hoping to get my equipment very soon. I'm going to be with Cal at Norwalk in 2 weeks and very quietly watch over his shoulder to learn as much as I can. I have another year to finish my car, so play time will be on the computer only.

Side question...I run an AEM Wideband O2 right now. Is it good enough to run with the FAST or should I look into a different unit?

Coach,

I don't think the AEM wideband will integrate with the FAST if that is what your asking. You definetly could run it separetly but probably wouldn't gain you anything since the XFI will already have the capability to log that parameter with its own wideband. The Dash will also display the XFI a/f ratio.
Allan G.

Ok. I need to remove it and sell it then. That was the actual question.

Thank you

Back