Syclone scan tool ???

sy1240

Hi, this is my first post here and I am looking forward to gaining knowledge from you pros!!!

I have a 91 Syclone and it now has a 3 bar MAP sensor and an "Ultimate" chip!
I have an OTC 4000E scan tool. Will this scan tool work with this 3 bar MAP? Am I asking this question right? Basically some one told me that this scan tool I have might not work with a 3 bar MAP sensor!!!

Thanks for any help,
God bless

i have a otc 4000e and it came with the tta that i own and the tta came stock w/ a 3 bar map so i would think that it would work unless it has somthing to do with the computer

shawn

Thanks Shawn!
Is there a setting to toggle from 2 to 3 bar MAP on the scan tool?

Actually, the Syclone didn't have a 3 BAR MAP stock. That's a modification that has to be accomodated in the chip, since it changes the table resolutions. The Sy/Ty is speed density based and uses the MAP sensor to determine air density and to calculate fueling ... the TTA (as Shawn alluded to) only uses the MAP sensor to drive the boost gauge on the dash and doesn't tie into anything the ECM does (since it's a MAF based system).

The OTC will read things based on a 2 BAR MAP, since that's the stock calibration. If you have a 3 BAR sensor and the matching chip, you'll have to do a manual "translation".

I learned this when we did the TurboLink module for the Sy/Tys ... we incorporated both the 2 BAR (stock) and 3 BAR options so the screens/readings would be right.

What readings (modes)would be inaccurate on my scan tool if this were the case? Not everything I would hope! i.e. would things like degree of knock retard and o2 readings be off?

Thanks again guys!!!