System Pics

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
You know, It's always interesting to see what other guys have done with their custom setups, as far as pictures go. I'm opening this thread for us G-Body owners to post our pics of our custom installs. As soon as I get my digital camera I'll show my setup for the Dakota and the regal. Post away!!

Here's my trunk. If you want to see more, click on my 2nd website in my sig.

Attachments

• rockin gn trunk.jpg
    rockin gn trunk.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 217
audiowizard, what kind of money do you have in that system???
drop me an e-mail. thanks

no way

come on you guys, no one else has pics of their sound system? we've all seen Audiowizards awesome setup and I've looked at mcss383's monte a few times, I really thought here would have been more posts...

Originally posted by SLOS-10
audiowizard, what kind of money do you have in that system???
drop me an e-mail. thanks

I could have bought another GN with the money that I put into it :eek: .

Mine will be coming soon...I've been spending most of my time getting the TR running good....

Here's the basic gear I have waiting to be installed :

>Alpine 7845 or CTA1505 w/changer (have both...decisions, decisions)

>USD a700 wave guides

>midbass to be determined (probably the matching USD 8s or a/d/s)

>some cheapo 4" speaker for the rear (kids)

>Alpine PRA h400 digital x-over/time alignment

>EQ to be determined. Either an Orion (a/d/s) or Zapco dual 30 band EQ OR a kick butt parametric.

>Alpine MRD752 (5 channel monster)

>Velodyne or a/d/s 12s (have both....decisions AGAIN!)

Been a few years since I did an all out comp style install. I think I'm ready for it (bad burn out from YEARS of competing) I een look forward to it.

I'll keep you all posted.

wow, that will be a killer setup. Tryin to follow in the Speakerworks/Richard Clarks GN footsteps with the USD waveguides? lol

Not really. The wave guides make the most sense in these cars. Kicks don't work well physically because of the general design of the kick panel area (they sound fine though). They end up being rather large and look out of place. I'm a real stickler for "factory appearance" (not OEM original. I mean it should look like how the OEM guys WOULD have done it if they did a high end stereo with optimum locations...If you have it, look at CA&E-june 1996...the white Grand Prix "Car Audio Crush" with the Velodynes is/was mine)

The SpeakerWorks GN was nice (I think Clark is a total BUFOON though, I wish he would shut up and GO AWAY...I'm trying to be nice here...) so basically it's a design thing...Not to mention I got a killer KILLER deal on the USD A700 set.

The rest of the stuff is my tried and true standards for a good system.

You can follow the build up of my system in my Regal, as for Money............after the first 10g's who counts !

xam 70

Hey dude, ever been to an SQ comp at the soundgarden in macomb? I think i saw your car there. Audiocontrol stuff in the trunklid?

Evan

Nope...I actually haven't competed for about 4 years. I went heavy for a long time, proved my point, (placed finals and mag feature) and got out so I could actually enjoy mobile audio and cars again. Haven't done a show since.

Originally posted by zam70
Nope...I actually haven't competed for about 4 years. I went heavy for a long time, proved my point, (placed finals and mag feature) and got out so I could actually enjoy mobile audio and cars again. Haven't done a show since.

Zam..........which car and class were you in ? What mag were you in ?

Take care

here is my simple yet BUMPIN' system

My System

3 10" rockford Subs, JBL 4x10's the front 4 have been changed before i bought it so they work and i am not touching them :)

and i just dumped the Xplod and went with a Kicker 300.2 which is 100% better

Originally posted by Xtant Regal

Zam..........which car and class were you in ? What mag were you in ?

A white 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix, 250 - 500 pro. Car was featured in CA&E in June 1996 "Car Audio Crush" was the title.

Originally posted by zam70

A white 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix, 250 - 500 pro. Car was featured in CA&E in June 1996 "Car Audio Crush" was the title.

I think I remember that article. Congrats on the feature Zam :) . Biggs has been bugging me to get back into competition with full sponsorship from Kicker (Gary's sponsor and employer) but with the IASCA and USAC schedule, it would be impossible to do with my job and business :( . My hats off to anyone that can do that schedule.