You can type here any text you want

T+/Extender "Spool fuel" question(s)...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
Hi,

Going to the track tomorrow night and am needing to make some last minute adjustments. In the Extender instructions for the spool fuel, it says that the "Default value is 5 which is about 13.5:1, higher numbers make the engine run richer while brake torquing to build boost." I've been "bass-ackwards" plenty of times before, but I though leaner made for faster spooling, not richer? So, IF I'm right, I would want numbers lower than 5 to lean the car out, or higher than 5?

I am guessing this is referring to the A/F of the "launch assist" feature?

Also, when idling in park and I blip the throttle, the check engine light blinks rapidly indicating the launch assist is functioning (I do have it enabled). Is this normal? I though it was just for brake torquing?

Thanks... I'll get this all figured out sometime!

Correct Jay.

Lower the A/F ratio the richer it is and higher the ratio the leaner it is. I think he was talking about the number settings in the chip. Higher the number the richer the launch assist fuel ratio. So lower than 5 will lean it out. Leaner should make it spool faster to a certain degree.

The check engine lights up when the launch assist comes on. I believe it's only checking for zero mph and TPS over a certain amount for it to trigger. I think mine will do the same thing but I haven't tried it in a long time.

Thanks Chad! I emailed Bob, too, in case he didn't see this and he pretty much said the same thing. Wish me luck! Jay

Here's what he wrote me, so if anybody searches on these ?s it'll be here:

<<Let me re-phrase:

"While brake torquing to build boost, this value is used to
adjust the AF ratio. The default value is 5 which is about
13.5:1, higher numbers make the engine run richer."

Leaner helps to a point, but now you can experiment.
Over-rich will slow spooling.

This mode is only active from 50% to 85% throttle when MPH
is less than 5....

Launch assist activates at 50% throttle.>>

Thanks, Guys! Jay

Back