You can type here any text you want

T-Top Shades?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
I'm looking for [aftermarket] T-Top shades for my Regal. I searched this site and only found a few hits which showed Poston and gbodyparts.com sell them. I couldn't find'em on Postons site and refuse to buy them from carmotorsports.com after finding them there too. Any other sources for these inserts?

CLICK ME FOR gbodyparts.com PAGE

We have them in stock & ready to ship. Comes with their own carrying bag which matches the t-top bag.
Made of ABS plastic like our headliners,visors & guaranteed no to sag.

I recently bought a T-top 86 GN. The tops seem to be pretty dark tinted. I don't drive it much, but when I did I didn't think the interior got very hot. Brian- how much are your shades (I'm too lazy to go to your site):smile:

GBodyParts.com Online has them for $109.00 for standard colors with a $10 charge for non-standard colors.

Jay's has them for $79.00 here: Dress Up

Due to medical reasons I'm allowed to tint my windows in my car which I've done. I also had the T-tops done in 20% tint and they're still not dark enough for my comfort. If I'd had the roof panels done in 5% limo I probably wouldn't need the shades so tinting could be an option for you as well.

One of you pointed out Jay's and another pointed out G-Body Parts. There's a $40.00 difference between the two. Any experience with one over the other? Which is better? Obviously we're all inclined to purchase the least expensive product but I want quality as well. Any input on these two products??

One of you pointed out Jay's and another pointed out G-Body Parts. There's a $40.00 difference between the two. Any experience with one over the other? Which is better? Obviously we're all inclined to purchase the least expensive product but I want quality as well. Any input on these two products??

Not sure what Jay is selling here because I never used or saw them in person.
I do know there was a company selling them inexpensive but were not using an ABS flexable board behind them.Our cost is more then what he is selling them for so that leads me to believe it is from a different manufacturer.
Our $10 cost would be for a non GM color. All colors are the same price that came from GM.

One thing I did notice is that he is selling PUI seat material like us & claiming it is original material & it isn't. It is a close match but it is not 100% original.

I bought a set a few years back I think from the company Brian is talking about and they are horrible! I've had them a few years and they suck. They sag and look like crap. They don't fit right and are always a pain in the a$$. I'm actually getting my headliner done by a local older guy who does interiors on street rods so I'm having him make me some new t top shades his way. He's got this card board that is water proof so we'll see what he comes up with when they are done. I would not cheap out on price on these or a few years down the line you'll be pissed off. Sounds like Brian's are the way to go.

On a side note I had the top of my windshield tinted a few weeks ago and I asked him about tinting the t tops. He said they had several come back broken. Something with the direct heat hitting the glass and causing allot of heat between the glass and tint? Don't know how true that is and this is a place that will pretty much tint anything. I was surprised to hear him say they would not tint them. But then again I think the sunshades are the way to go. It's nice at night to take them out and still be able to see out of the glass. With any amount of tint on them you really can't see out of them at night.

TT/A1233- what kind of medical condition do you have? im looking to get some tint on my windows as well.

Back