You can type here any text you want

What is this connection for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

will

Howdy. Been a long time since I've posted and I no longer have the email my account is associated with to I guess I'm 'new' here : - )

I previously was known as 'Renthorin' for you old timers.

Anywho, I took the GN out of storage after a bunch of years and went through with engine bits and did some fixins: new valve cover gaskets, fix the two broken bolts holding the TH downpipe to the turbo, other gaskets that were causing her to spurt oil....

I ended up having a connection on top of the driver's valve cover that I have no idea where it goes. Can't confirm it was ever plugged into anything but figured I should ask before the car blows up : - )

Picture attached.

thanks,

- W

Attachments

• 20241018_110049.jpg
    20241018_110049.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
It goes to the plug(sensor)on the top of the intake(DS) front. Right by where your fingers are at.

Last edited:
I'm probably blind but I don't see any sensors/plugs that don't already have something plugged into them. : - (
Can you/someone post a picture of that 3-wire plug thingy plugged in where it goes?

Time stamp 32 seconds. Follow my finger to the other side of the blue fuel pressure transducer. Been awhile, but I believe that's it.

way off
thats the plug for the OE oil pressure idiot light / fuel pump switch
down on passengerside brass block where the turbo oil feed line is (behind lower rad hose
most likely the switch was removed for an oil pressure gauge
its not normally needed

Phew. Good to know. I took a closer look into the plug and there is some dust in there so I don't think it was plugged in recently, if ever.

I shall place it to the side where it won't get in the way : - )

way off
thats the plug for the OE oil pressure idiot light / fuel pump switch
down on passengerside brass block where the turbo oil feed line is (behind lower rad hose
most likely the switch was removed for an oil pressure gauge
its not normally needed
Yes, yes you are in fact correct.

I saw the center section, but didn’t see the three plug terminals.

I have mine hooked up so I can keep my idiot light as well as a mechanical gauge.

Back