T top Water leaks

t_top_GNX87

Hi there Turbo family. Hope someone can help me. I have an 87 T Top Grand national. I have changed all the weather stripping around the door area and from the T Top as well from seals from OPGI. I even went and got the doors adjusted. They " Claimed " they adjusted the windows as well. However I still don't have a tight seal from the window to the rubber on the T-Tops. ( Yes these seals on the actual tops where changed also ). Does anyone have any idea on how i can correct this ? My car is rust free and I am afraid if i don't get this fix asap water starts coming in and i will have issues.

If you paid someone to adjust it, take it back to them and let them fix it... Otherwise there are several adjustments to make a seal. The t top area has adjustments on the sides, the window can be adjusted to go higher, door can be adjusted etc etc. Basically want to mess with it until it will grab a dollar bill between the seals all the way around. Takes a lot of time and patience. Good luck.

This book has a lot of good info on sealing up windows.
736198fdd4f0d78f24184af83a0ce94a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This one also. You can't have one without the other.
7d3bd699b1c43b05b1371ec9073182da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

How did the seals from OPG fit. For yers there's been a problem with aftermarket T Top seals fitting well. They've also been harder than the originals and more difficult to seal.

I had mine adjusted so there was zero wind noise and zero leaks. Took hours to get there but it was well worth it. After I had the car painted 27 years ago I could never get them to seal right with aftermarket seals. I'm hoping someone has some good seals now since my car is being painted at this time.

Get ahold of pete,used to work at kirbans. He is on here periodically. He is window ajustment expert. He used to go to places and do several over say a weekend,dont know if he still does this or not.

Thank you guys for your answers. I found 2 guys in my area that deal a lot with g body cars and panel fitment. I will update you guys sometime next week and give an update. The seals from OPGI are actually super soft just like the original seals.

I had bought the right side NOS piece from one person and then bought the left side from another and then I found a NOS set on Craigslist for my GM cars. They are out there, hard to find and usually pretty expensive if associated with the GN, check the Olds and Monte sites, they are cheaper.

Kirban 2 cents worth

A topic I know a little about.....here are some tips: Be sure you have a trunk brace kit installed as that tightens up the body also dorp in the missing 4 or 6 lower body bushings....and do the front braces under the front end. Ford was smart enough to eliminate t tops in the later fox body cars Buick did not.

Your Ttops have some adjustment to them make sure you do that we sell a bushing kit that seats in the pins as well. The other little cheater trick is pick up some various size small diameter washer house like 7/32nds etc slip that behind your weather strip in the areas that have a gap...

all else fails live with it or seek out a hardtop.....I owned a few T_tops but mostly garage kept low mileage ones as hardtops were the most sought after examples....

good luck....

denniskirban@yahoo.com