You can type here any text you want

t type leaks when under boost????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

griz_83ho

Hey guys so my t type is leaking something when it gets under heavy boost. I know this becauae after i get on it and theb park it shortly after or let it sit and idle it begins to smoke from under the car off of the crossover pipe. I can see a couple drops on crossover pipe of a brown liquid. What could this be? I think the turbo is worn out so didnt know if that was causing anything. I drips drown from passanger side by the tranny lines. Any help is appreciated. After sitting a couple seconds it does stop even when it stays running at a idle.

Coolant. ? Possible head gasket. !
Rear freeze plug.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Rear seal or valve covers. Make sure PVC valve is working keeping boost out or put in an inline check valve.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Coolant level stays fine and does not run hot or anything. Not coming out of rear seal took torque converter cover off and nothing. Will check vavle covers but where is this pvc valve? And whats best way to check?

i get this also, don't know if it is from the breathers or the exhaust.

The only way to know is to clean every bit of oil off the outside of the engine, get it perfectly dry and then kick the crap out of it.

Ooo its been kicked several times... keep in mind this is my $2500 driveway find that runs like a bat out of hell. Just wanting to see if its something to stress about. Wanting to get it to the track but dont want to blow her up

You said its brown liquid. !!
Can't be oil. !!
Maybe trans fluid. The lines run on top of the cross over.
What does it smell like.
Sweet is coolant
Harsh is trans.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick mobile app

Smells like sh--. Thats why im confused, not thick like oil and only smokes for 10sec or so

Back