T-type project

turbo87regal

Well this is my new project. Its a 86 T-type I have been trying to get for about 2 years now. It was sitting in the same spot for 9+ years after it died, it would crank but not start so the guy just left it there and lost interest. It turns out that the only thing keeping the car from running was a bad fuel pump. Once I put a fuel pump in and charged the battery it started right up:biggrin: and then the water pump started leaking soon after, but that was almost expected. It now runs great and I just want to fix some rust it has from sitting outside uncovered for so long before I start driving it as my daily but I think I still got a fair deal at $1700.00 for a clean title turbo regal that is all stock except for a stock location flomaster muffler.

Attachments

• HPIM0509 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0509 (Small).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 407
  • HPIM0512 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0512 (Small).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 388
  • HPIM0513 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0513 (Small).JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Here are some updated pictures since I cleaned up the engine compartment, painted the head light bezels and changed the front body fillers. I also changed the trunk lid with a rust free one I have been keeping around just for this kind of situation. Its on its way back to the roads instead of a junk yard. It runs great and I cant wait to register it so I can drive it more than just around the block, Im affraid the neighbors will call the cops if I keep tearing off from the stop sign smoking tires:biggrin: Man I love boost

Attachments

• HPIM0605 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0605 (Small).JPG
    70 KB · Views: 418
  • HPIM0602 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0602 (Small).JPG
    73 KB · Views: 386
  • HPIM0599 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0599 (Small).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 380
nice ride! thats an awesome deal there! ive recently aquired a taste for the white ttypes! when clean they look sharp! any plans for it? i see u said everything was stock but someone tinkered alittle under the hood! k&n filter, duttweiler neck on intercooler, and maybe an adj. reg from what i can see:)!

i see u said everything was stock but someone tinkered alittle under the hood! k&n filter, duttweiler neck on intercooler, and maybe an adj. reg from what i can see:)!

Yep that was me tinkering under the hood. I swaped the intercooler because I did not want to let it go with the Mustang in the background that I just sold and the k&n was put on because I had the stock air box off to beed blast and repaint at the time i took the picture. My plans are to clean it all up and use it as a regular driver while I finish the frame off restoration on my GNX clone.

Nice Save Man.

I love it,

I buy and sell a few trucks and I am amazed at how a good cleaning can bring one back to life.

Good luck with your new driver.

Great find Dennis, that car is definitely what I would call a "Diamond in the rough" for that price! Reminds me of a white 86 T-type that I looked at down in Hialeah several years ago before I purchased my current 87 Turbo-T. Unfortunately the car needed too much work and the guy was very firm on his price. Anyways, I'm glad you saved it from going to the junk yard and it looks like you are doing a great job giving it some much deserved TLC:smile: :cool:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I also think It was a steal for that price. It does have more rust than I originaly saw after picking at it but it runs much better than I expected too so I cant complain too much. I'm a bit lucky that my parts car has no rust where this car does so good metal for repairs is not too far:D

thats a decent deal you could even part it out and make some $$ and maybe get a nicer one,

thats a decent deal you could even part it out and make some $$ and maybe get a nicer one,

I know I would make money parting it out but dont think that would be the smart thing to do since its a clean title car and will be worth a lot more once its fixed. I already fixed that rust in the back as you can see in the pictures above with free metal from the parts car:D

As far as getting a nicer one goes it would cost me a lot more to get what I want compared to what it will cost me to fix this one. Plus I always liked the white T-types.

Yep, you should be locked up 'cause you stole that thing.

Great find! Coming along nicely.

yeah i see that you are gettin it fixed up good luck on the project you saved alot of money already