T6 in 1969 Skylark?

HO502cid

OK, I came across the V8Buick.com forums and they sent me this way for some assistance. I am in the middle of building a 1969 Buick Skylark, after considering an LS1 swap, 383 stroker, and others I have been leaning towards a 3.8 T6 swap. Would anyone be able to offer me assistance, anything would be appreciated. I really don't know how I can retrofit this into my car and if I will need to use something other then a stock ECM to get this running. What tranny would I want to couple it to? Where might I search for a decent motor? I know this is an odd request but searching for info on something like this is difficult when so few have probably done it.

Look for a wrecked car or buy a complete drivetrain from someone considering a similar swap. The 200-4R is the best trans to go behind a turbo motor and it should all fit fine.

Originally posted by UNGN
Look for a wrecked car or buy a complete drivetrain from someone considering a similar swap. The 200-4R is the best trans to go behind a turbo motor and it should all fit fine.

Excellent, will I be able to get it to run with the GN/T-Type ECM?

Yuk! A Chevy motor in a Buick?? Why would you even consider doing that?
Have you considered a 400/430/455? Just curious.
I have a 430 in my 68 Skylark and it's been great!

Originally posted by pkschul
Yuk! A Chevy motor in a Buick?? Why would you even consider doing that?
Have you considered a 400/430/455? Just curious.
I have a 430 in my 68 Skylark and it's been great!

How is a Buick 3.8 T6 a Chevy motor? Just curious.

Originally posted by HO502cid
How is a Buick 3.8 T6 a Chevy motor? Just curious.
You said you were initially considering an LS1 or a 383... that's what I was referring to. Luckily you came to your senses. ;)