ta 49 exhaust housing

bison,real99 is on a bfg drag radial that is why he has traction issues,they are no where near as stickey as the mickey's.it seems alot of these guy's want to run larger housings but aren't going to run any real boost:( i ran a pte.85 with a 10inch 3200 protorque lockup and that housing was the slowest compared to the garret.63 and pte.63.that housing wouldn't work,but with a nitrous hit it definately would;) i think a car with a better build, a heads, cam car with a non-locker that 85 may work but thats just my guess.

bison,real99 is on a bfg drag radial that is why he has traction issues,they are no where near as stickey as the mickey's.it seems alot of these guy's want to run larger housings but aren't going to run any real boost:( i ran a pte.85 with a 10inch 3200 protorque lockup and that housing was the slowest compared to the garret.63 and pte.63.that housing wouldn't work,but with a nitrous hit it definately would;) i think a car with a better build, a heads, cam car with a non-locker that 85 may work but thats just my guess.

Oh yeah. I thought they were MT. Big big difference. My bad. I agree since most of them are under 500hp there is little benfit to the .85ex. It just sucks the life out of the bottom end if the converter is too tight.

bison you should try that pte.85 on your 44,with your build and that non-locker i would be very curious how it would go.do you think your car with a 44 pte.63 or garret.63 is a quicker street combo over the bb66 with boost levels below 24psi?

I had thought about the CPT 66 but decided that mid 11's were quick enough for me.One thing about my combination is that when I call a particular performance shop they tell me that my TE-44 Turbo is to small for my engine.I have CNC ported Race Head's and matching ported Intake,Stock Cam and a Front Mount Intercooler.I plan to get alky so I can run higher Boost level's.I just want a very responsive Turbo that spools as quick as the stock turbo does.

bison you should try that pte.85 on your 44,with your build and that non-locker i would be very curious how it would go.do you think your car with a 44 pte.63 or garret.63 is a quicker street combo over the bb66 with boost levels below 24psi?

I sold the 44 last year. Its not nearly enough wheel for my combo. I dont think it would have been faster than the 66 at 19-20 psi or more. Remember im making good power to 5700rpm. At 32-34psi i would have expected a 44 with a .85ex to trap around 127-128mph with my combo. Chances are backpressure would be so high it would push the wastegate open before i even got near those boost levels without external boost control from compressed CO2. The exhaust wheel in my 66 is about 2x the size of the one in a 44.